How much should a new trader be risking? - page 5

I think that even if your account is small you shouldn't risk more than 1-2%. Come to think about it, that's exactly when you should be as prudent as possible.

mlawson71:

I think that even if your account is small you shouldn't risk more than 1-2%. Come to think about it, that's exactly when you should be as prudent as possible.

Greetings,

Could not agree with you more! Not only you should not risk more than 1-2%, but even if you make some serious profits during your testing time, give a little bit time, just in case to lose the “luck” factor from your strategy

mlawson71:

So, strict stop losses?

What exact win to lose ration with strict stop losses do you have?

I guess a new trader should not exceed from 1 - 2 % of their capital, an effective approach on managing risks can be helpful in earning through forex trading.

idimitrov:

As much as he can afford to lose.

Agree, as much as or as little as the person can afford. 

New or expert, a trader should only risk a very less percentage of his account capital. If he is going to risk more then he can suffer a problem where he can lose patience and can do wrong things in his trade.

I also think that not only the inexperienced traders should risk around 1 % to 2 % maximum of their accounts. Even if you are sure about a situation, there is always a chance that your predictions are wrong. It´s always necessary to have a plan in order to protect yourself in case some unfavorable circumstances arise. However, everyone should determine for himself and risk what he feels comfortable.

idimitrov:

As much as he can afford to lose.

This is wise decision, might each trader having own risk level that want to spending on their plan, I think using lowest lot size also help to minimize the risk level

Totally agree with you blacking You have to put limits and strictly follow them. Starting with smaller lots is also an advantage, that may protect you. The higher leverage ratio also could be a plus.

LazarR:
Totally agree with you blacking You have to put limits and strictly follow them. Starting with smaller lots is also an advantage, that may protect you. The higher leverage ratio also could be a plus.
For learning stage is safe than use high risk taker, but might sometime newbie they rush becayse too much excited and want making quick profit at short time that leading to greed in trading and this as one way to get failure usually
Reason: