How much should a new trader be risking? - page 4

I agree, one should always be aware of how much they can stretch their finances.

Glurto:
I believe that it mostly depends on how much you can afford to lose. Also, posible risk reduction to 1%-5% is rational idea and it is how it should be by newbies.

I try to make sure that my losses are limited so that in the long term i can do my trading easily and with lower risks also. It is a problem that after we get some losses we have to worry about how we can get the trading funds again

The news trader basically fall a great loss by taking high leverage. So, I think we the newcomers have to acquire zero risk management policy before trading with high leverage. I always like to trade in a small leverage, in spite of having up to leverage 1:400 that always make sure my trading broker Trade12. But, in my demo trading I took high leverage to see the performance how it works.

Mark Fahad:
The news trader basically fall a great loss by taking high leverage. So, I think we the newcomers have to acquire zero risk management policy before trading with high leverage. I always like to trade in a small leverage, in spite of having up to leverage 1:400 that always make sure my trading broker Trade12. But, in my demo trading I took high leverage to see the performance how it works.

When it comes down to the Leverage settings then we have to use them in a way that the risks to our trades are minimal. I would say that correct trading leverage settings are at 1:200

Bruce Mendes:
When it comes down to the Leverage settings then we have to use them in a way that the risks to our trades are minimal. I would say that correct trading leverage settings are at 1:200

Greetings

I will have disagree with you on this one. In my opinion there is no such thing as a “correct trading leverage”, because traders are using different leverage settings based on their trading style and strategy. For your trading style 1:200 leverage might suit you the best, but for someone else it might be a poor choice. In order to select the right leverage for your trading style/ strategy first you need to realize exactly what you are trying to benefit from the use of leverage.

FrancoisT:

Greetings

I will have disagree with you on this one. In my opinion there is no such thing as a “correct trading leverage”, because traders are using different leverage settings based on their trading style and strategy. For your trading style 1:200 leverage might suit you the best, but for someone else it might be a poor choice. In order to select the right leverage for your trading style/ strategy first you need to realize exactly what you are trying to benefit from the use of leverage.

In general it is always being considered that using a higher trading leverage is the killer and you will find many such Forex traders who lost just because they were using a higher trading leverage in their settings. The reason why the US has set the maximum trading leverage to be only 1:50

Plan to lose it all in testing. Move forward from there!

april:
Plan to lose it all in testing. Move forward from there!

Isn't it better to just test everything on a demo account?

As much as he can afford to lose.

I always go with 2% risk per trade , and the reasons why these articles speculate 1 or 2% is because most likely for big gurus their equity might be exceeding $10,000 and above. So back to what lot size(biggest) you should take well, it largely depend on your trading strategy and money management.Think of these two and decide based on them

Reason: