How much should a new trader be risking? - page 3

Risk .50 to make a buck so long run if your "method" is 50/50 you should be ahead .

Place 1 Lot and you will learn very quickly what its all about...

pwalkz:
Place 1 Lot and you will learn very quickly what its all about...

Hahaha, no way.

Weirdly enough I think I was more willing to do things like that when I was a newbie.

I believe, first of all it is necessary to determine how much can you afford to loose, and then take note about your equity for trading and strategy. But it should not be more than you really can afford to loose afterall

Enough to feel the pain (and learn the lessons to become a better trader) but not so much that it hurts!

A new trader should invest some part of his saving he should avoid to invest all amount as a starter when he is going forward to live trading. Risk warning is present in forex he should experiment with less amount if is successful he can invest more in his capital.

I think it really depends on your account and how you can tolerate the risk in forex. I prefer and comfortable risking 10 points per trade. Ans also i do not over trade and keep my trade in balance.

if we will do that as a beginner, do think we are not wasting our fund by doing that?

I also agree with you OP. Demo account is much better for a newbie. This reduce the risk.

I believe that it mostly depends on how much you can afford to lose. Also, posible risk reduction to 1%-5% is rational idea and it is how it should be by newbies.

Reason: