Renko charts Repaints !! - page 3

mntiwana:
Hi techmac,

thanks for your help,so all depends on data and data is stored in history file and charts get data from history,not directly from corresponding server,especially the indicators that produce and forms un usual and non default TFs ?

regards

It does not depend so much on history file but on how renko data is generated. As soon as the number of bars on chart changes and the time of the first bar changes, renko will change too

mntiwana:
Hi techmac,

thanks for your help,so all depends on data and data is stored in history file and charts get data from history,not directly from corresponding server,especially the indicators that produce and forms un usual and non default TFs ?

regards

renko charts do not depend on time frames but it depends on the starting time it is being formed at

nbtrading:
renko charts do not depend on time frames but it depends on the starting time it is being formed at

let it take it other way...assume i have a perfect strategy,i did on my pc and mt4 terminal at 1 pm and execute a sell order according to currant market situation and then closed at 3 pm and off every thing...later at 6 pm i again start computer/terminal and execute a new buy order according to the current situation....so now at 6 pm...do i needs previous renko chart,how and what it was doing...do now i have any needs and concern with the previous......or....i have to see and work with the current renko shape .

regards

First of all Thank you guys for your posts

mladen:
mntiwana The thing is that for renko the starting point must be anchored somewhere to a fixed point in time in order to prevent repainting on restart. Even then, if, for example, I anchor it to 01.01.2015 and you to 02.01.2015, you and me will have different charts (even on a same broker, which is hardly what we are expecting to have). That makes it a very useful tool, but with its limitations that must be known or else people can have serious problems using it for trading

oh wow , that's a new information for me !

does that mean if i didn't close my terminal the Charts will not Repaint ?

that would be great if so.

Tarwada:
First of all Thank you guys for your posts

oh wow , that's a new information for me !

does that mean if i didn't close my terminal the Charts will not Repaint ?

that would be great if so.

Tarwada

Depends on the renko implementation, but in general, yes, it would mean that (if you can let it run 24/7 on a VPS for example)

mladen:
Tarwada Depends on the renko implementation, but in general, yes, it would mean that (if you can let it run 24/7 on a VPS for example)

Dearest MLADEN,

again sorry,here arise one new question or you can say solution.......if our current executed trade with currently started renko chart closed at the same current session,then it is ok,no repainting problem.......but when our that trade entered in two sessions of renko charts,then it will face repainting issue.....for example,i start renko chart at 1 pm and then execute one new trade and close terminal (with out closing that trade) at 3 pm and reopen terminal at 6 pm with previous running trade,then repainting renko issue will be faced....please correct me...

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

again sorry,here arise one new question or you can say solution.......if our current executed trade with currently started renko chart closed at the same current session,then it is ok,no repainting problem.......but when our that trade entered in two sessions of renko charts,then it will face repainting issue.....for example,i start renko chart at 1 pm and then execute one new trade and close terminal (with out closing that trade) at 3 pm and reopen terminal at 6 pm with previous running trade,then repainting renko issue will be faced....please correct me...

regards

mntiwana

The thing goes like this :

You have a chart with, let say, 5000 bars

First bar starts at 00:00 01.01.2015 (just an example)

As long as you do not restart terminal, the number of bars rises, that first bars does not change and renko is effectively anchored. But if you restart the terminal, it again loads last 5000 bars, starting time (and value) changes, and your renko changes.

So by keeping it run all the time, you are effectively anchoring renko and preventing it from repainting (without having a code that does that). If you restart terminal, anchor is lost, and the repainting happens

mladen:
mntiwana

The thing goes like this :

You have a chart with, let say, 5000 bars

First bar starts at 00:00 01.01.2015 (just an example)

As long as you do not restart terminal, the number of bars rises, that first bars does not change and renko is effectively anchored. But if you restart the terminal, it again loads last 5000 bars, starting time (and value) changes, and your renko changes.

So by keeping it run all the time, you are effectively anchoring renko and preventing it from repainting (without having a code that does that). If you restart terminal, anchor is lost, and the repainting happens

Dearest MLADEN,

oh nice,you make me understand with a very effective way,now i understand exact how it works and when it repaint or not.....so many thanks for taking your costly long time....infect it is very useful and basic for all traders (like me) who don't knows how renko works,especially renko lovers/users .............thanks.

my best regards for the best man

mntiwana

mladen:
Tarwada Depends on the renko implementation, but in general, yes, it would mean that (if you can let it run 24/7 on a VPS for example)

hi again mladen

sorry , but what do you mean by (Depends on the renko implementation) ?

and what is the best implement to apply ?

thank you for your standing , i lost hope with renko but you make me alive again. i have on-going 3 years VPS and i think i will Test Renko EA's

Tarwada:
hi again mladen

sorry , but what do you mean by (Depends on the renko implementation) ?

and what is the best implement to apply ?

thank you for your standing , i lost hope with renko but you make me alive again. i have on-going 3 years VPS and i think i will Test Renko EA's

Tarwada

Don't worry about the implementation . 99% are working the same wat (as described in those posts)

Reason: