Do you prefer high or low volatility? - page 3

Gisdewio:
Good day to you all. Well now, it's rather difficult question. Both high and low volatility, as for me, brings their advantages and disadvantages. All in all, I prefer low volatility because they give better possibility to monitor the market and predict a current motion. I practice mainly long-term trading so being able to see more stable chart for me is crucial.

If we are able to keep track of the trading volumes in the markets then we will surely know what times the market are having more Volatility.

Of course it depends upon kind of strategy, but personally I prefer low volatility. Stability on market ensures stability in outcome. High volatility can bring you higher income per deal, but at the same time it can easily bring you signifficantly greater loss. If you tend to implement "all or nothing" strategy, than you should rather try binary options.

Ray Cooper:
When I started my trading journey then I was a student that’s way, I count effort big investment for my live trading. So, I got standard trading equity based of this big trading bonus. By the way, we have to invest our money after meaningful trading principle.

Our trading will not become profitable to us unless we make some good efforts and also understand that in the trading it is the time invested that is mo re important to us.

april:
I was wonderin' if volatility is often viewed as negative and represents uncertainty risk, which do you prefer high or low volatility?

hello,

high volatility and low volatility have its own pros and cons. like in hike volatility if you are short term trader and if your trade goes with the motion you gonna make large profits, on the other hand if its goes against the motion your stop loss gonna hit in no time. Long term traders do not prefer high volatility. while in the case of low volatility we get lot of opportunities to find good position but market movement is not much of predictable. i personally feel a balanced flow is the market should be considered more than high volatility, but one can try for binary options when market is moving in high VIX.

I am not a scalper : low volatility

Every one likes high volatility as you can trade good when the market is moving. Either trending or ranging as a trader I like the market to move so that I can make quick money.

Practically, in spite of god trading knowledge, it is not possible to make profit constancy without narrowest trading spread.

Knowledge supports traders for profits without knowledge and practice you can not face forex market with confidence. Specially in volatile market traders need a lot of experience. because market is very fast he can miss any move that can be a good or bad for him. i avoid trading in volatile market just d o trading when I am ready for scalping is fast market.

Rupom:
Re: Do you prefer high or low volatility? Practically, in spite of god trading knowledge, it is not possible to make profit constancy without narrowest trading spread.

And what about volatility?

Narrowest trading spreads will not help you at all if the symbols is like EURCHF and if it is 100% controlled as it was before the SNB crash

I prefer high volatility because I mostly trade by scalping, I am not too fond of long-term positions.

Reason: