Calculate the maximum risk % i can safely trade for an EA base on its statistics

i am new to forex and I have bought an EA online.

If I want to grow my account faster, what is the maximum risk I can safely trade for this particular EA:

It has a win ratio of 72%, average wins of 28 pips and average lost of 28 pips also.

sunny7day:
i am new to forex and I have bought an EA online.

If I want to grow my account faster, what is the maximum risk I can safely trade for this particular EA:

REV Trader PRO REAL System by revtraderpro | Myfxbook

It has a win ratio of 72%, average wins of 28 pips and average lost of 28 pips also.

sunny7day

Check this post to calculate your risks : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page264 . You can easily convert that indicator to function that can be used in any EA or you can attach the indicator to the chart and it will show you you calculated lot size

Hi mladen

I think you misunderstood my question.

My EA has built in money management already. I just need to know what is the maximum risk I can use based on the statistic on myFxBook.

sunny7day:
Hi mladen

I think you misunderstood my question.

My EA has built in money management already. I just need to know what is the maximum risk I can use based on the statistic on myFxBook.

There is no way to calculate the "safe risk"

What you can do is set the risk to 100% at that indicator and set the stop loss field to the number of pips that were when you had maximal draw down and that would be the maximal lot size for a border worst case scenario - any lot size less than that calculated would be within the "safe" provided that the next draw down does not exceed the previous draw down

But, as I told, there is no way to calculate a 100% "safe" lot size

Hi sunny7day

I believe mladen already giving a good suggestion about maximum risk upon your EA setting. you can always set at safe zone, for 2-5% at overal active trade, said when you trade at 2 pairs, means 1-2% lot size for each.

but you may want to follow of how this ea traded at first day released, first week result based on their trading history.

for initial balance 5k, traded 3 x 8 lot on nzdusd???! in my opinion it's not a proper trading system to begin with, there's also chance of manipulated result.and one more thing, $213258.27 profit gained without any single withdrawal ?

I believe this guy a super rich for not withdrawing his money at all, and yet he selling an EA. it may inapproriate manner what i'm writing here, but it always your decision to make.

have a nice day.

Files:
syn.jpg  84 kb

thanks for your reply.

Given that this EA has an average of 72% win rate, and a 1:1 risk to reward ratio. Actually i have just calculated the risk can go up to 10%. But that is just for one open-trade at a time only. Not sure about if i open more than one trade at same time though.

sure no problem. just try to giving my honest thought, i'ts my fifth years registration with myfxbook, so I capable to read most of the statistic, and where has to dig up any trading performance.

well, it's all up to you, a single trade with 10% risk, you need only 8 trades to burnt your money. the next question is, how much you will afford to lose then ? 1k? 10k? 50k?

good luck

well I don't know why the he used 8 lot to trade at start, but he seems to use fixed lot to trade. I don't know, I am new.

Reason: