2 MACD in ONE Indicator

Hallo friends,

Please help to code an indi that consists of 2 MACD.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

anton1:
Hallo friends,

Please help to code an indi that consists of 2 MACD.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

anton

check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page380

Hi mladen,

Please see the attached picture using MACDx2 and using 2 MACD manually. There are different crossing line. Please advice.

Thanks and regards,

anton

Files:

anton1:
Hi mladen,

Please see the attached picture using MACDx2 and using 2 MACD manually. There are different crossing line. Please advice.

Thanks and regards,

anton

anton

Do not compare any normal macd to the build in metatrader macd

Metatrader macd signal line is wrong for years and years and everybody except metatrader knows it. Signal line for metatrader build in macd is sma while the inventor (Gerald Appel) clearly stated that it must be ema - all the regular trading platform except metatrader are using ema not sma. I do not use metatrader built in macd. If you want it to be the same as metatrader "macd" then change sma to ema in these lines :

macd1si = iMAOnArray(macd1ln,0,Macd1Signal,0,MODE_EMA,i);

macd2si = iMAOnArray(macd2ln,0,Macd2Signal,0,MODE_EMA,i);

Other than that I do not see any other difference - just that your charts are shifted differently

Hi mladen,

I have change the MACD x2 into MACD x2-SMA (the signal change from EMA ot SMA). The result is still different. Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

anton1:
Hi mladen,

I have change the MACD x2 into MACD x2-SMA (the signal change from EMA ot SMA). The result is still different. Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

Please see the difference in the zero line you have in the example you tried to put together.

You can not attach two MACDs in the same window (zero line will not be the same) - MACD is not like stochastic or RSI that have known upper and lower bound regardless of the periods calculated. With same parameters values are exactly the same (check the values in the data window and you will find that they are the same). Visually set the same minimum and maximum for both indicators in your attempted example (so that the zero lines align) and then you are even visually going to have exactly the same picture)

Hi mladen,

Would you please to code like the manual?

Regards,

anton

anton1:
Hi mladen,

Would you please to code like the manual?

Regards,

anton

No

That manual way of combining is a wrong way of combining 2 macds (among other thing combining 2 macds that way will cause them to repaint - check ity out and you will see it for yourself)

Use the correct one

Hi mladen,

I am trading it alive by this 2 MACD. the different level of the zero line is very useful. When the candle closed, there is no repainting, same as Moving average.

Please consider to help.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

anton1:
Hi mladen,

I am trading it alive by this 2 MACD. the different level of the zero line is very useful. When the candle closed, there is no repainting, same as Moving average.

Please consider to help.

Thanks and Regards,

anton

anton

They do repaint - it is simply a consequence how metatrader draws multiple indicators without a know minimum and maximum in the same sub-window - nothing at all to do with opened or closed bar and nothing can change that - seen that a million times

PS: when zero lines are not aligned you are comparing, for example, 1 and 2, and in some cases it will show that they are the same. As I told already check the data window for the values and compare them manually and you shall see what are you comparing.

Examples :

First snapshot :

And a couple of minutes later :

Check the crosses and check the zero line relation

Files:
macd_1.gif  58 kb
macd_2.gif  51 kb
Reason: