Range bars EA programming question - custom work

Hi programmers,

i need a quote for a custom work with the range bars EA attached (this is the ea that generates bars with gaps and i'm confortable with it, i'm not with the one without gaps).

I just need one more option in the EA parameters in order to create the range bars chart of mirrored the currency pair where it is attached.

This because i trade on ninja trader with futures currency pair; some of that are inverted compared with forex pairs. For example for forex usdjpy i have the futures of jpyusd.

I still use meta trader because i made "my trading eye" with it and i have the feeling with it and i have some problems with ninja trader range bars charts.

Please some programmer interested in this work could give me a quote for this kind of work?

Thanks in advance.

(the EA is compiled with old mt4 build metaeditor)

range_bars_ea_2_pip_-_eurusd.ex4range_bars_ea_2_pip_-_eurusd.mq4

thefxpros:
Hi programmers,

i need a quote for a custom work with the range bars EA attached (this is the ea that generates bars with gaps and i'm confortable with it, i'm not with the one without gaps).

I just need one more option in the EA parameters in order to create the range bars chart of mirrored the currency pair where it is attached.

This because i trade on ninja trader with futures currency pair; some of that are inverted compared with forex pairs. For example for forex usdjpy i have the futures of jpyusd.

I still use meta trader because i made "my trading eye" with it and i have the feeling with it and i have some problems with ninja trader range bars charts.

Please some programmer interested in this work could give me a quote for this kind of work?

Thanks in advance.

(the EA is compiled with old mt4 build metaeditor)

range_bars_ea_2_pip_-_eurusd.ex4range_bars_ea_2_pip_-_eurusd.mq4

thefxpros

If you want to invert the price, all you have to do is to find where the price is used and do the following :

inverted price = 1/price

nothing else

mladen:
thefxpros

If you want to invert the price, all you have to do is to find where the price is used and do the following :

inverted price = 1/price

nothing else

thank u Mladen for your answer, but the code is too much complex for me, i have no idea where to put the hands!

in the past you told me that this customization was possible only with a lot of rewrite of the EA. Maybe there was a misunderstanding?

thefxpros:
thank u Mladen for your answer, but the code is too much complex for me, i have no idea where to put the hands! in the past you told me that this customization was possible only with a lot of rewrite of the EA. Maybe there was a misunderstanding?

Try this one : range_bars_ea_new_format_2.mq4

On the example : inverted EURUSD range bars

mladen:
Try this one : range_bars_ea_new_format_2.mq4 On the example : inverted EURUSD range bars

There is something wrong. To the right there is the inverted chart and on the left the regular one. Both of 2 pip range and both offline, created right now from past data, no live chart here.

Files:
cattura21.jpg  134 kb

thefxpros:
There is something wrong. To the right there is the inverted chart and on the left the regular one. Both of 2 pip range and both offline, created right now from past data, no live chart here.

thefxpros

When you invert the price, the pip range of the bar does not stay the same (for example if a bar on EURUSD is 10 pips range then the inverted will be 10/1.36= 7.35 pips)

That is why range bars can not be the same for inverted prices and regular ones

Will check some more, but do not expect that you will get a mirror image for range bars, since it is impossible if you do not change the bar size for the inverted chart too (the same like that bar range math - but even then it will be approximated)

mladen:
thefxpros

When you invert the price, the pip range of the bar does not stay the same (for example if a bar on EURUSD is 10 pips range then the inverted will be 10/1.36= 7.35 pips)

That is why range bars can not be the same for inverted prices and regular ones

Will check some more, but do not expect that you will get a mirror image for range bars, since it is impossible if you do not change the bar size for the inverted chart too (the same like that bar range math - but even then it will be approximated)

aahh ok, thank u. if i can't get a mirror chart don't look further, it would be not helpful for me.

thanks again!

You can try this version, but in it you have to adjust the subtract from parameter (it is e to 2 which is OK for EURUSD and similar) but be advised that 2-EURUSD price is not equal to USDEUR exchange rate : range_bars_ea_new_format_3.mq4

See the examples

mladen:
You can try this version, but in it you have to adjust the subtract from parameter (it is e to 2 which is OK for EURUSD and similar) but be advised that 2-EURUSD price is not equal to USDEUR exchange rate : range_bars_ea_new_format_3.mq4 See the examples

wow, it seems what i need! I just look at movements, i don't look a lot at price digits, so that is not important for me.

I'm going to try!

thank u thank u thank u!

EDIT: i just got what you mean, ok. Exactly what is this subtract parameter that you added? So i will know how to adjust it for other pairs.

ehi, it seems it works fine, i'll test better tomorrow.

Just a thing. I tried for eurusd, usdcad, usdchf and it works but when i try with usdjpy and then i open the offline chart it shows me "updating chart" but nothing else happen. Do you know the why?

thefxpros:
ehi, it seems it works fine, i'll test better tomorrow. Just a thing. I tried for eurusd, usdcad, usdchf and it works but when i try with usdjpy and then i open the offline chart it shows me "updating chart" but nothing else happen. Do you know the why?

Try changing subtract parameter. For usdjpy try 105,106 (some value that is close to the price), See example with 105

Files:
usdjpy.gif  55 kb
Reason: