Awsome Indicator bin an EA

I would like to add the Awesome indicator into my strategy as a condition to enter a trade using iCustom but I am not sure what I need to define i.e if green and rising = long and vice versa.

How would I add this to my EA? Would it be:

double Long = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mean,meanAO,1,0);

double Short = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mean,meanAO,0,0);

rg83:
I would like to add the Awesome indicator into my strategy as a condition to enter a trade using iCustom but I am not sure what I need to define i.e if green and rising = long and vice versa.

How would I add this to my EA? Would it be:

double Long = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mean,meanAO,1,0);

double Short = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mean,meanAO,0,0);

rg83

Can you post the indicator?

ahh sorry, here is the indicator

Files:

rg83:
ahh sorry, here is the indicator

rg83

For long do the following (for signals on a first closed bar):

double Longc = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mea n,meanAO,0,1);

double Longp = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mea n,meanAO,0,2);

if (Longc!=0 && Longp==0)

// part for entering long

The same you should do for short just change the buffer number from 0 to 1

mladen:
rg83

For long do the following (for signals on a first closed bar):

double Longc = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mea n,meanAO,0,1);

double Longp = iCustom(NULL,0,"AwesomeMod_EA",short_mean,long_mea n,meanAO,0,2);

if (Longc!=0 && Longp==0)

// part for entering long

The same you should do for short just change the buffer number from 0 to 1

As always thank you for your help.

Mlanden,

Thanks for your assistance so far. I have added the awesome indicator to the EA, I have another issue that I dont understand. I have added a multi-signal condition using a combination of macd, str and ma. Idea being only to enter a position when all are bullish (green) or bearish(red) across 1,5,15,30,and 60 min time frames.

I think I may have them down as the wrong thing i.e int when its not supposed to be.

Would you so kind as to point out my errors?

Many thanks in advance.

Files:

rg83:
Mlanden,

sorry MLaden :-)

rg83:
Mlanden,

Thanks for your assistance so far. I have added the awesome indicator to the EA, I have another issue that I dont understand. I have added a multi-signal condition using a combination of macd, str and ma. Idea being only to enter a position when all are bullish (green) or bearish(red) across 1,5,15,30,and 60 min time frames.

I think I may have them down as the wrong thing i.e int when its not supposed to be.

Would you so kind as to point out my errors?

Many thanks in advance.

Try it like this (you just need to declare short_mean, long_mean and meanAO parameter too) : auto_m5_awesome_1.mq4

Files:

Thats strange, I have declared the parameters as you advised, the ERA compiles with zero warnings or errors however when I click and drag the EA to the chart nothing happens, it fails to load onto the chart?

Do you have any idea what could be causing this to happen.

Thanks.

rg83:
Thats strange, I have declared the parameters as you advised, the ERA compiles with zero warnings or errors however when I click and drag the EA to the chart nothing happens, it fails to load onto the chart?

Do you have any idea what could be causing this to happen.

Thanks.

You have quite a few conditions that need to align in order to something happen. If you did not make it to trade immediately, it will first have to wait for all the conditions to become true and only to trader

I understand that the conditions have to allign, I will adjust it rather that have all ma, str and macd bullish or bearish i will change to trade if either macd, ma or str accros 4 timeframes are bullish or bearish.

Even if the EA makes no trades can can still attached it to the chart. unless it is greyed out due to compile errors.

I cant load it to a chart at all i.e it does not displaty the ea name in the top right corner of the chart

Reason: