New metatrader 4 related questions, issues, solutions ... - page 8

klet1:
Thanks for your reply!

But to clarify question one: Initializing a TF will be done independent from the EA I use... The EA (code) can't initalize the timeframe. It only happens in the MT4 with changing the TF and an EA applyied to the chart?

I of course can show the EA code. It's a simpe martingale EA. But it won't bring furhter information if initalizing the TF can't be done with the EA?

What do you think about question two?

Initalizing the TF twice consecutively is not possible in a proper working system?

What exactly do you consider to be a "Initalizing the TF"?

mladen:
What exactly do you consider to be a "Initalizing the TF"?

It's the TF which is logged in the Log-File. Like on 11:12:39.722 or 11:12:40.954 in my case. Because this TF was the basis for my trading. And in my opinion this setting/initalizing of the TF can only be done in the MT4 by clicking on the TF. Because my broker asserts that it was done by the EA what I don't believe.

klet1:
It's the TF which is logged in the Log-File. Like on 11:12:39.722 or 11:12:40.954 in my case. Because this TF was the basis for my trading. And in my opinion this setting/initalizing of the TF can only be done in the MT4 by clicking on the TF. Because my broker asserts that it was done by the EA what I don't believe.

klet1

If you use use any of the functions/indicators (all the built in indicators, and a lot more) that allow time frame usage other than the chart time frame, it will not be logged in the log file. So, if your EA is designed to use time frames other than the chart time frame, no problem at all to use other time frame without being logged in the log file

Also, in new build 950, even iCustom()calls to time frames other than chart time frames can be hidden and not logged.

All in all, calls to other time frames will not be logged in the log file at all in at least 80% of cases with new 950 mt4 build

Thanks for the reply mladen!

Due to this it might have been a malfunction of the execution system, or a cheat of the broker (Setting myself TF M30 and the system initializes TF M1)!

And to question 2: I tried it with many EAs/broker. It's absolutely impossilbe to initalize the same TF twice consecutively.

Does there exist a manual about log files or something like this? I only find information about programming MQL4 but no detailed manual about MT4/Logifles...

It's otherwise not easy to give the broker a prove for this malfunction.

klet1:
Thanks for the reply mladen!

Due to this it might have been a malfunction of the execution system, or a cheat of the broker (Setting myself TF M30 and the system initializes TF M1)!

And to question 2: I tried it with many EAs/broker. It's absolutely impossilbe to initalize the same TF twice consecutively.

Does there exist a manual about log files or something like this? I only find information about programming MQL4 but no detailed manual about MT4/Logifles...

It's otherwise not easy to give the broker a prove for this malfunction.

klet1

I think that there is some confusion

Please read my previous post again.

I think too that there is some confusion So a manual or something like this would be helpful for me.

Of course I read it but it didn't help me for my questions! Maybe they are not clear enough or toooo clear Honestly it might not be that easy to understand the circumstances.

I'll explain it simple! I was trading with my EA for decades. I set a TF in the MT4 and my EA opened a order with every new candle.

Most the time it was M30. Had M30 also on the day with this incident. But suddenly the EA started opening trades.

I investigated the situation and found out, that the Log file logged M1 instead M30. (At 11:12:40.954) And thats the prolbem!!! My EA uses the logged/initalize/set TF for orders.

This initalization is further senseless, because there can't be the same initialization twice again. And so on... explaind it already...

klet1:
I think too that there is some confusion So a manual or something like this would be helpful for me.

Of course I read it but it didn't help me for my questions! Maybe they are not clear enough or toooo clear Honestly it might not be that easy to understand the circumstances.

I'll explain it simple! I was trading with my EA for decades. I set a TF in the MT4 and my EA opened a order with every new candle.

Most the time it was M30. Had M30 also on the day with this incident. But suddenly the EA started opening trades.

I investigated the situation and found out, that the Log file logged M1 instead M30. (At 11:12:40.954) And thats the prolbem!!! My EA uses the logged/initalize/set TF for orders.

This initalization is further senseless, because there can't be the same initialization twice again. And so on... explaind it already...

klet1

I will try once again : there is a million ways how an EA can read time frame other than chart time frame without being logged.

Your problem is almost sure coming from switching time frames and then reinitializing some of the EAs internal stuff when the EA got "confused". From all that you are describing, the EA you are using is anything but stable - start from that. And please read my previous post regarding this again : it is explained there what EAs do usually and why you can not detect that using log files

mladen:

klet1

I will try once again : there is a million ways how an EA can read time frame other than chart time frame without being logged.

Your problem is almost sure coming from switching time frames and then reinitializing some of the EAs internal stuff when the EA got "confused". From all that you are describing, the EA you are using is anything but stable - start from that. And please read my previous post regarding this again : it is explained there what EAs do usually and why you can not detect that using log files

Hm... ok, ok... thanks for reply again

Didn't know it can have such an big impact if the EA is "not stable", and i thought there should be something like an "arrangement" in the Log Files records....

Reason: