New metatrader 4 related questions, issues, solutions ... - page 3

drunkpips:
in which folder pls

In the MQL4 folder

inside the mql folder is only indicator folder, when i opened the indicator folder the only thing inside is installautochartist.ex4

nothing else.

my other platform didnt have this problem

drunkpips:
inside the mql folder is only indicator folder, when i opened the indicator folder the only thing inside is installautochartist.ex4

nothing else.

my other platform didnt have this problem

drunkpips

See these posts : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page36 and here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9092-fxcm/page46#comment_736746

i will have to look for an old version to install, something is not wrong.

in the mql4 folder is only one other folder called indicators and in there is just installautochartist.

nothing more, thanks for your time though

drunkpips:
i will have to look for an old version to install, something is not wrong.

in the mql4 folder is only one other folder called indicators and in there is just installautochartist.

nothing more, thanks for your time though

Did you try to use different installation version?

I don't have signal & market choice in the terminal section .

Files:
12.png  96 kb

macd&rsi:
I don't have signal & market choice in the terminal section .

It depends on a build : build 788 does not have a signals choice either. Usual mt mess

At least they have it all in build 830. But did not test it more - the mess with 825 to 830 build was not encouraging to start using it n normal trading

Hi,

In the description of MT4 build > 600 says that the MQL4 compiler is very close to MQL5. Does it mean that I can run MQL5 script on MT4 ??

I tried and it compiles successfully but is not visible in the navigator window of terminal. Is there any way to run MQL5 script in MT4 ??

Krzysztof

fajst_k:
Hi,

In the description of MT4 build > 600 says that the MQL4 compiler is very close to MQL5. Does it mean that I can run MQL5 script on MT4 ??

I tried and it compiles successfully but is not visible in the navigator window of terminal. Is there any way to run MQL5 script in MT4 ??

Krzysztof

Signature (first 3 letters in the ex4 and ex5 files are different : "EX4" in the old ex4 files, "EX-" in the new ex4 files, and "EX5" in the ex5 files). That is why it is not visible in the navigator (navigator filters out jut the ex files with appropriate signature)

But even if you change that (using some hex editor for that) metatader will not accept the file (regardless if you change the extension too). It will simply delete the file. So, it s not just that that makes them different - which leads to conclusion that they will never be compatible - regardless of the so obvious orders handling that is 100% incompatible

Reason: