MQL4 Learning - page 6

Hi echnaton,

40 views and no response, thats a bit rough!

I sometimes I translate a Russian web page with this site: the babel fish web site. Unfortunately this forum wont allow links, or so it would seem. Do a search for "babelfish translations" and I think you might find it yourself.

Good luck....

echnaton:
hi, I come from deutschland and want to learn mql4 for metatrader, but there are only English examples of it. can somebody say to me where I find something in German?

echnaton,

Look at this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

It is all that we have concerning this subject. It is in Russian, in English and one site is in Chinese.

Not in German sorry. I did not find anything in German.

May be, one day, somebody will translate mql4 manual to German?

Use online translators:

http://www.online-translator.com/srvurl.asp?lang=de

http://www.online-translator.com/translator.asp?lang=de

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Hi, I have one, probably pretty silly question. Say you have some EA on one pair.

Now, if you would open another chart, for the same pair and put on different EA, would generally be a problem?

Are there allowed multiple EA's per pair?

Thank you, Mario

MT4 Indicator to read .csv file!

If I have an application that writes to a .csv file, constantly updating it with new market data, would it be possible to have metatrader poll this file and load the data to have a somewhat realtime chart?

Account Crasher EA

This has probably been attended to already, but humour me...

Let say that an EA crashes your account do to it buy/sell logic and the TP and SL set in place.

If you view the chart visually and you revers the logic it turns into a money machine.

Buy becomes Sell

Sell becomes Buy

TP becomes SL

SL becomes TP

It makes sense to me, I am probably not the first and I wont be the last to ask this question.

If you would like to test this theory with me just reverse the order of the coding in the attached EA that was developed for Time Bomb Tim.

Manually the strategy works but the EA makes additional trades. I am still taking the CodersGuru home course so I'm a coders worst nightmare.

Let prove me wrong and have a good laught.

But if I'm right we will be laughting in PIPS

Safe Trades

The Source

Files:

thesource:
This has probably been attended to already, but humour me...

Let say that an EA crashes your account do to it buy/sell logic and the TP and SL set in place.

If you view the chart visually and you revers the logic it turns into a money machine.

Buy becomes Sell

Sell becomes Buy

TP becomes SL

SL becomes TP

It makes sense to me, I am probably not the first and I wont be the last to ask this question.

If you would like to test this theory with me just reverse the order of the coding in the attached EA that was developed for Time Bomb Tim.

Manually the strategy works but the EA makes additional trades. I am still taking the CodersGuru home course so I'm a coders worst nightmare.

Let prove me wrong and have a good laught.

But if I'm right we will be laughting in PIPS

Safe Trades

The Source

Laugh away it will not work

Foreverold:
Laugh away it will not work

Indeed, you are most correct.

Why?

Hi Guys I do not have a problem with the theory not working.

I just need to understand why. You have to agree that the theory makes sense. Obviously you guys have also went down this thought pattern.

I just don't understand the why not.

Is it the initial drawdown. Or are the mystic forex forces always lurking in the background.

But then again if I was right then every EA that looses money would be a money wizard that could crash all worlds market (behind me a thunderstorm builds and I have an evil chuckle)

Regards

The Source

The reason that it will not work are...

1. The results of a system are more to do with the money/risk management aspects of a system and less to do with the actual signals.

2. Entring trades based on indicator TA in my experence gives you no statisical edge, taking no edge and inverting it does not give you a edge.

Reason: