Bug in version 4 mt4 build 500

Dear all brother,

i get some bugs in mt4 version 4 build 500 where the bugs when we compile in metalang editor, its cant produce ex4 file.. example : when we create ea, the compile the size ea is correct but still cant produce ex4 file..

if anyone have this problem please reply this thread...

solution is use old mt4 (working in build 445), i use this version working correctly..

poster99:
Dear all brother,

i get some bugs in mt4 version 4 build 500 where the bugs when we compile in metalang editor, its cant produce ex4 file.. example : when we create ea, the compile the size ea is correct but still cant produce ex4 file..

if anyone have this problem please reply this thread...

solution is use old mt4 (working in build 445), i use this version working correctly..

It happens with decompiled files (and very rarely with some completely "legal" source)

But it does happen with totally legal source. I know as an EA I have personally developed fails to compile. The "bug/protection" is in MetaEditor. Switch to SciTE to eliminate the problem. SciTE is also a much superior editor to MetaEditor, see my recent posts on other threads. Mr Tools has the link for this software.

Tzuman

Tzuman:
But it does happen with totally legal source. I know as an EA I have personally developed fails to compile. The "bug/protection" is in MetaEditor. Switch to SciTE to eliminate the problem. SciTE is also a much superior editor to MetaEditor, see my recent posts on other threads. Mr Tools has the link for this software. Tzuman

In general there seems to be more bugs than corrections in build 500. Tested SciTE and I like it. So far there is just one think that I do not like : when I compile the source terminal "does not know" that it is changed and then I have to remove it from the chart and place it back. Other than that, the integration is good and with an upgrade or two SciTE could become what metaeditor should have been all the time but never reached even the current state of SciTE

I've been having the same issue. But I do know why it happens. There is a line of code it doesn't recognize and when it compiles it throws a blank TXT file in with the MQ4 file. Why it throws a Blank Txt is Unknown. Other reason for it not to compile proper is that the code is not in correct order of execution..... Let's say mydigits code are not placed in the correct order or TP or what ever it might be. It won't compile it..... How I know this is because I have an EA built by a real programmer and one that I built by piecing the EA together. Which both EA's are same in strategy criteria Programmers works in 500 and mine won't compile in 500.... Something isn't in order but the guy could be right. Because it detects decompiled code it won't compile. Difference who knows.

Tzuman:
But it does happen with totally legal source. I know as an EA I have personally developed fails to compile. The "bug/protection" is in MetaEditor. Switch to SciTE to eliminate the problem. SciTE is also a much superior editor to MetaEditor, see my recent posts on other threads. Mr Tools has the link for this software. Tzuman

Just had that problem with an Ea compiling and not producing an ex4 anyway put it on SciTE and it compiled correctly strange thing is have the same EA,same code,and legal source, etc. and it compiled correctly, on another build 500+ platform without using SciTE,very weird.

This is how metatrader 4 site looks like at this moment (both English and Russian language version). Debugging builds 500 and 507?

Files:
mql.gif  17 kb

techmac:
This is how metatrader 4 site looks like at this moment (both English and Russian language version). Debugging builds 500 and 507?

Site is back online now

And they are talking about build 509 already (so 500 and 507 are getting obsolete already - knowing how the things are going with latest build probably build 509 will not last long either)

PS: was running a bit - the mql site was back but it is down again. It seems that they are having some problems today. Anyway, while they were running, could see that build 509 information (they will bring the servers up eventually)

Yeap, they are back online again ...

I was upgraded to 509 from 507 this morning.

I found another interesting problem. I have an EA and an Indicator that both use the same include file. Now the EA compiles properly and the Indicator does not.

From the Indicator

2;76;C:\Forex Program Files\FinFX\Finfx - 1\experts\indicators\!! GoldBug StopLight.mq4;66:1;'!! GoldBug.mqh' - cannot open the program file

From the EA

Exp file "C:\Forex Program Files\FinFX\Finfx - 1\experts\!! GoldBug.ex4" produced - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

I believe this problem predates version 500

Reason: