Renko ballsproof

Hi guys,

I have a successful system which has one problem - entry and exit orders! How can we improve that? More heads more wisdom.

The strategy is Renko boxes 10 pips on USDJPY (works best on that pair and box size).

Entry: after 2 completed boxes of the same color (red/green).

Exit: after first (1) complete change of box color (red/green).

Example:

RED GREEN (boxes)

------------------------

X

X

-------------------

X open sell (2 boxes)

X sell

X sell

X sell

----------------

Xclose sell (1 box)

Xopen buy (2)

X buy

--------------------

X close buy (1)

X

--------------------

X open buy (2)

--------------------

X close buy (1)

--------------------

X open sell (2)

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

X sell

--------------------

Xclose sell (1)

--------------------

X open buy (2)

Xbuy and so on...

The problem is a market order! It steals money at entries and at exits. We need quicker entries and exits. Does ECN has slippage free or affordable entries and exits? I have no experience with ECN.

Thanks Hermes

P.S.This platform doesn't let me put X under green, therefore I had to separate X buy boxes from sell boxes by BOLD.

Today FXDD introduced to me a 1 Click trading. You close a trade with one click and there was no slippage! Probably that's what we need.

Do you know what brokerages have one click trading orders?

Hermes

hermes:
Today FXDD introduced to me a 1 Click trading. You close a trade with one click and there was no slippage! Probably that's what we need.

Do you know what brokerages have one click trading orders?

Hermes

Hermes, think most brokers probably have it think it was part of the forced metaquote update, anyway on the drop down where you change time frames, templates, etc. you will see right below volumes One Click Trading click on it and a box will open up on the top left hand corner of your chart, that's the one click.

Files:
one_click.png  56 kb

is this EA?

BruceLee:
is this EA?

Not yet, but could be if somebody would have the balls. 4 good coders broke their teeth on it. Looks like Renko is not easy to transform to successful EA. It is challenge.

Half solution would be if somebody has a working Management EA which opens trades, trail them and close them at predetermined conditions.

My friend you dropped the moderator? What, they pay worse than Forex? Ha, ha, ha...

Yes, but it would be still slippery market order, wouldn't be?

Hermes

hermes:
Not yet, but could be if somebody would have the balls. 4 good coders broke their teeth on it. Looks like Renko is not easy to transform to successful EA. It is challenge.

Half solution would be if somebody has a working Management EA which opens trades, trail them and close them at predetermined conditions.

My friend you dropped the moderator? What, they pay worse than Forex? Ha, ha, ha...

Yes, but it would be still slippery market order, wouldn't be?

Hermes

Does your renko generating stuff allow EAs to work on renko offline charts at all? Maybe it is not the error of the guys that tried to make you an EA but that the renko generating code lacks a part that will "run" EAs on offline charts (not mentioning now that renko does recalculate which makes it almost impossible to code a usable EA - been there when they asked me to make EA on recalculating-repainting indicators or data )

mrtools:
Hermes, think most brokers probably have it think it was part of the forced metaquote update, anyway on the drop down where you change time frames, templates, etc. you will see right below volumes One Click Trading click on it and a box will open up on the top left hand corner of your chart, that's the one click.

mrtools

I did what you said but I don't get the sell/buy picture on the left up. How come?

mladen

My EAs produce nice boxes (e.g. RenkoChart v3.4) offline but as you said no posible to manage trades. It must be EA on live chart to manage trades. That means one EA to make a boxes offline and one EA on live chart to manage the trades from the boxes.

Cheers Hermes

hermes:
mrtools

I did what you said but I don't get the sell/buy picture on the left up. How come?

mladen

My EAs produce nice boxes (e.g. RenkoChart v3.4) offline but as you said no posible to manage trades. It must be EA on live chart to manage trades. That means one EA to make a boxes offline and one EA on live chart to manage the trades from the boxes.

Cheers Hermes

Hermes

The way you describe it, it is almost sure that the error is in the renko generating software : it generates ticks and all but it does not generate events for EAs start() procedure (that is a known problem in offline generating software and it has to have an event generating part that will enable that EAs start procedure is executed)

To test if that is the case : attach this EA to your offline renko chart, and if it does not show current time in the upper left corner, the problem is in the renko generating software

Files:
_test.mq4  1 kb

Thanks I will try tomorrow. But what current time? GMT or server?

Hermes

hermes:
Thanks I will try tomorrow. But what current time? GMT or server? Hermes

Your local PC current time

OK, on offline chart.

Local EST (NY) time: 15:16 (pm, 7 hours difference)

Market Watch time : 22:16

_test.mq4 time: 22:16

Hermes

Reason: