MetaNeural VSA EA Trade Assistant Free - Innovative - page 8

traderx4 Fred:

Does anyone have a version of the EA that is still working in the latest Version of MT4?

MT4 is obsolete.

Your best bet is a port to MT5.

Marco vd Heijden:

MT4 is obsolete.

Your best bet is a port to MT5.

Metaquotes may not be improving MT4 anymore, but that does not make it obsolete.

Keith Watford:

Metaquotes may not be improving MT4 anymore, but that does not make it obsolete.

Are you also still running MT3 ?

On windows 98 ??

I mean that, from now, it's best to develop and port things to MT5.

Marco vd Heijden:

I mean that, from now, it's best to develop and port things to MT5.

That is your opinion and not everybody agrees with you. MT4 is still very popular and will probably remain so for some time to come.

Keith Watford:

That is your opinion and not everybody agrees with you. MT4 is still very popular and will probably remain so for some time to come.

The thing is slow, that's not my opinion, it's just not up to the task anymore.

It's like traveling from city to city by horse, or steam train.

I'm sure many people like that too but how often do you see that these day's ?

Or compare it to computer hardware, many people liked the Pentium 4 era, but how many are still using it ?

Compare it to other software, there even is a link between Metatrader and Windows XP.

XP was great, but,

It's not really usable anymore these day's.

And that has got nothing to do with my opinions.

Im sure it will come to a quick and abrupt end once the accounts and servers will be replaced by MT5.

And it's to everybody's advantage to convert MQL4 apps to MQL5 so that what is available now on 4 will be available on 5 in stead of trying to constantly reanimate a dead horse.

Even the gain in performance and possibilities alone should be a good reason to upgrade. 

Marco vd Heijden:

The thing is slow, that's not my opinion, it's just not up to the task anymore.

It's like traveling from city to city by horse, or steam train.

I'm sure many people like that too but how often do you see that these day's ?

Or compare it to computer hardware, many people liked the Pentium 4 era, but how many are still using it ?

Compare it to other software, there even is a link between Metatrader and Windows XP.

XP was great, but,

It's not really usable anymore these day's.

And that has got nothing to do with my opinions.

Im sure it will come to a quick and abrupt end once the accounts and servers will be replaced by MT5.

And it's to everybody's advantage to convert MQL4 apps to MQL5 so that what is available now on 4 will be available on 5 in stead of trying to constantly reanimate a dead horse.

Even the gain in performance and possibilities alone should be a good reason to upgrade. 

Don't get me wrong. I agree that MQL5 (or maybe MQL6) is a future. But your comparison with horses are wrong. Up to now is MT4 the most widespread platform among brokers. It could change very soon but until it happens it is not much clever call MT4 obsolete platform.

Yes it's to smoothen the transition because everybody's is hanging on to a sinking ship !

I was one of them but not anymore, i have to say that i went from MT4 to MT5 and back like 3 or 4 times but the speed of the datafeed wins.

And i dont think it's wrong, you only have to run two instances side by side when the market is turbulent and there is no escaping to that comparison between horses when there are five candles on your MT5 and just one large candle on your MT4 because it just couldn't keep up with what is happening.

Petr Nosek:
Don't get me wrong. I agree that MQL5 (or maybe MQL6) is a future. But your comparison with horses are wrong. Up to now is MT4 the most widespread platform among brokers. It could change very soon but until it happens it is not much clever call MT4 obsolete platform.

MT5 is dead in the water. Us programming nerds love it because we get lower-level api control and using OOP makes sense to us. The mainstream, however, is rejecting it en masse. These are the old traders who are set in their ways and the new traders that want the holy grail handed to them and can't be bothered to learn programming concepts. Hacking MQL4 scripts is the deepest they're willing to go. It's evident when you leave this forum that almost all other forums related to forex and automation still revolve around the MT4 ecosystem, and the most talk you see about MT5 is someone begging for a free MT4->MT5 conversion. As for the rest of the algo-trading world, it has moved on and is now mostly split between Python and C++ development. The only way I see MQ staying relevant in the industry past MT4 is MT6 which would offer a proper API with some different SDKs to allow devs/traders to actually use a mainstream language. Just my two cents. 

nicholi shen:

MT5 is dead in the water. Us programming nerds love it because we get lower-level api control and using OOP makes sense to us. The mainstream, however, is rejecting it en masse. These are the old traders who are set in their ways and the new traders that want the holy grail handed to them and can't be bothered to learn programming concepts. Hacking MQL4 scripts is the deepest they're willing to go. It's evident when you leave this forum that almost all other forums related to forex and automation still revolve around the MT4 ecosystem, and the most talk you see about MT5 is someone begging for a free MT4->MT5 conversion. As for the rest of the algo-trading world, it has moved on and is now mostly split between Python and C++ development. The only way I see MQ staying relevant in the industry past MT4 is MT6 which would offer a proper API with some different SDKs to allow devs/traders to actually use a mainstream language. Just my two cents. 

This is exactly my opinion.

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes it's to smoothen the transition because everybody's is hanging on to a sinking ship !

I was one of them but not anymore, i have to say that i went from MT4 to MT5 and back like 3 or 4 times but the speed of the datafeed wins.

And i dont think it's wrong, you only have to run two instances side by side when the market is turbulent and there is no escaping to that comparison between horses when there are five candles on your MT5 and just one large candle on your MT4 because it just couldn't keep up with what is happening.
We are both talking about a slightly different things. I agree MT5 is faster than MT4 (and better in some ways) but I can't say MT4 is obsolete platform. It would be similar to saying in 1950 that steam train is obsolete. It was obsolete but if you didn't want to travel by obsolete train you wouldn't get anywhere.
Reason: