Online for EA to work?

Hi, everybody,

Sorry if this is sound stupid, but: do I have to keep my MT4 online 24/5 for my EA to work?

Mind you, Internet access fee in my country is still considered high.

Thanks.

It depends on how your EA functions. If the EA does not modify the order after it has been placed and you do not use trailing stops, then you do not need an internet connection to maintain that order. However, you will also not be able to place any new trades if you do not maintain that internet connection and your EA meets conditions that would allow it to open an order. So, if your EA trades frequently (hourly, daily) then you would miss many trades possibly that allows your EA to be successful. If it trades infrequently (weekly or longer) then you would still possibly miss trading opportunities but, much less so. Hope this helps.

Sendra:
Hi, everybody,

Sorry if this is sound stupid, but: do I have to keep my MT4 online 24/5 for my EA to work?

Mind you, Internet access fee in my country is still considered high.

Thanks.

I think it is something with timefilter and with trading system (every EA is trading system). If EA must trade from 8 am till 6 pm pm only so this EA will tarde like that according to the setting of timefilter.

It depends on how it was programmed.

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you completely - you'll need a high-speed internet connection for running EA 24/5 and if you have a trailing stop in your EA, you'll need it running always.

The good thing is that MT4 doesn't need much traffic, 1gb should be enough for 1 month

If you don't work with a real account, you don't have to spend your money on internet (but I did spend quite a lot of money on internet and demo accounts).

It depends on how serious you are and if it makes you money.

Thanks

Thank you, everyone.

jsw2006, I will check those sites and thanks again.

One way to stay online with battery backup is using a laptop to run your computer at home using DSL. This way, your computer is battery backed up with plenty of backup time and I recommend an additional surge protector for your electrical and telephone connections.

Dave

Ideally for an EA to work effectively you do need it online all week 24/5. DSl or cable net connection is essential for reliability and speed. I run over ten copies of MT with no problems on my PC running all the time along with other applications and never had it crash yet.

Reason: