Do you prefer to use EA?

Did you use EA in curreny trading or you trade manually? Do you think having EA is profitable?

Yes. I do use EA's 95% of trading time. It is profitable as long as 10-25% a month is enough for me.

Not at all. EA doesn't help me in trading. I prefer to trade manually than use EA. Beside EA does misreading more than human.

I prefer manual trading over bots because I just feels more "natural" to me, funny as it sounds. I don't like things to be automated. I'm more of a "hands-on" kind of guy.

I'm newbie in forex. Traders with good experience advised me to use EA for the first time. It seems me comfortable.

EA is like a robot. What ever the market condition EA follows its rules always. This is dangerous when it comes to news events. Initially EA will give you good returns but after 02 - 03 months they cannot sustain in the dynamic trading environment. The only good thing that I see on an EA is trading without emotions.

Kalashnikov---__---:
I'm newbie in forex. Traders with good experience advised me to use EA for the first time. It seems me comfortable.

I am not recommending to you to use EAs initially. Try to learn about forex trading basics. Don't listen to others and do your own research before trying anything. If you are really interested about the EAs test on a demo account.

For a newbie better to avoid EAs or live account.

Hello Melle,

I don't like to use EAs to trade fx. But I know some traders have good EAs and they earn good profit with it.

I think it depends on what kind of trader you are and how much time you have to devote to trading. Do you prefer full control and being involved in the full process? Or, do you prefer selecting an EA that will work on its own, following a custom strategy and risk profile? Whether you manual trade or use an EA, it is important to stick to the same basic rules:

· Understand your or your EA’s trading strategy

· Understand your or your EA’s risk per trade

· Trade your or your EA’s strategy as defined by your rules

· Regularly review your or your EA’s strategy and the active market conditions – Is your strategy still relevant?

Anivia:
Can you guys please send me some links or documents for learning EAs. I want to learn it and apply for my trading.

Maybe it would be good for you if you start at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706 . A lot of information gathered there

Reason: