Metatrader known bugs ... - page 49

mladen:
From things like that it seems that the problems are deeper than we are assuming They are having a limited time to solve all the issues since it is obvious that the migration to other platforms is faster and faster each and every day

mladen,

This interests me - where do you see much evidence of this?

Brandon

Big Be:
mladen,

This interests me - where do you see much evidence of this?

Brandon

As of problems : probably from my everyday usage of mql and having found too much "bugs" for my taste (and bugs that were corrected, then came back, and so on ... which is only showing the incompetence of the mq development team)

As of migration : it is enough to read users posts on non-warez sites. Consensus is that metatrader is not worth it any more and a lot of guys have already migrated

Guys, all they are doing are the changes in metatrader 5 (magazines sales, as usual)

There will be no bug fixes as we expect since metatrader considers users to be morons. All they care is t sell the terminal to brokers and make us buy worthless crap that has nothing to do with trading. I gave up reporting errors to service desk - they simply ignore the reports

Objects are still full of bugs

You never know what will you get when using objects

checkin:
More problems with closed orders reported. Metatrader admitted it this time and they "already corrected it" (after a couple of minutes - what have they been doing before that then) and are promising a fix with new build. So, guys, build 670 has problems with working with orders in some cases and it is not an error of a broker

Hi Checkin,

I think that I do experience such problems with B670.

Any link where you have seen that literature?

Thanks Checkin.

Have a good trading week.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Hi Checkin,

I think that I do experience such problems with B670.

Any link where you have seen that literature?

Thanks Checkin.

Have a good trading week.

Tomcat98

It was in a russian part of the forum

Will post the link as soon as I find the post

When backtesting, TimeCurrent() and TimeLocal() are returning exactly the same value (which is impossible), If you have code that depends on those, it can not be back-tested. Here is a a simple example that can be used for testing :

#property indicator_chart_window

void init()

{

}

void deinit()

{

}

void start()

{

datetime LocalTime = TimeLocal();

datetime CurrentTime = TimeCurrent();

Print("LocalTime: ", LocalTime);

Print("CurrentTime: ", CurrentTime);

}

mladen:
When backtesting, TimeCurrent() and TimeLocal() are returning exactly the same value (which is impossible), If you have code that depends on those, it can not be back-tested. Here is a a simple example that can be used for testing :

Is either one correct?

Tzuman:
Is either one correct?

Neither (in a back test)

mladen:
Neither (in a back test)

What else could we expect?

Reason: