Metatrader known bugs ... - page 20

Ovo:
Good news (for me). They removed the structure padding in Metaeditor 915 (packed with terminal 628). Still the empty structures have a single byte padding (which is no problem), but all inherited structures got it removed since now. I can move from 904 to 915.

Build 628? Interesting

Even when I go to metaqotes server it does not update me from 625. Maybe I overdid with protection

mladen:
Build 628? Interesting Even when I go to metaqotes server it does not update me from 625. Maybe I overdid with protection

You shouldn't tell that you stopped updating What does it depend on when do they update you?

checkin:
You shouldn't tell that you stopped updating What does it depend on when do they update you?

No idea. Maybe depends on how much they like you _________________________

*since the already have you IP sent to them each and every time you start the terminal, they can identify you

checkin:

I have seen different brokers roll out updates at different days.

Big Be

Big Be:
I have seen different brokers roll out updates at different days. Big Be

The thing is that yesterday most of the day I was logged on metaquotes server and it did not update my build. Today nothing happens (seems that their server is down today). So, I do not know who and when gets updated on their server

checkin:
The thing is that yesterday most of the day I was logged on metaquotes server and it did not update my build. Today nothing happens (seems that their server is down today). So, I do not know who and when gets updated on their server

They have changed the server (what was a "test" server is a "demo" server now)

Make a new connection to demo.metaquotes.net:443 and it will update your current version to 628

To warn you : build 628 behaves strange in some cases (especially when time data from a time frame different than the current chart time is requested)

mladen:
To warn you : build 628 behaves strange in some cases (especially when time data from a time frame different than the current chart time is requested)

Sounds like this means stay away from MTF indicators for the time being or at least until 666 is released

666 will be the turning point : then we all shall know what was given to us

mladen:
They have changed the server (what was a "test" server is a "demo" server now)

Make a new connection to demo.metaquotes.net:443 and it will update your current version to 628

I wish MT4 Build 628 not make moreBIG TROUBLE in a few Days.

If anyone uses offline charts with template

If anyone uses offline files and templates, he should aware of a glitch that is not quite obvious.

Some probably know about presence of the "Offline" checkbox in the Chart Settings (aka the most mysterious checkbox in the MT4 terminal). Now, the chart templates store information about this offline/online flag. And they do apply it.

When you create the Default.tpl (used by all charts) from your regular chart, and then try to open any offline chart using the File menu, you will get a chart without the "offline" word in the window name. It behaves unpredictable, sometimes it shows the chart, sometimes it generates an error, sometimes it shows the chart and clears after a while suddenly, with error "unknown chart in history synchronization".

The other way (storing Default.tpl from an offline chart) results in opening the regular charts in offline mode (usually it applies after the next terminal start).

Similar defect have any other templates - Debug.tpl saved from offline chart may cause that you will never get to OnTick during debugging.

Reason: