Metatrader known bugs ... - page 13

Ovo:
Hello guys, not sure if some of you have seen this one:

I probably lost some license for my source

Build 610?

If it is build 610 it really had a lot of issues like that. Working with build 613 now, and so far it seems to be a bit better, but some bugs are still there

Build 613 has some strange way of working with EAs. Do not be surprised that some things are going to be like you never saw it before. Right now it seems that they are far from solving issues when using EAS in general is concerned

Hey guys,

I had something strange this morning, but it's not happen anymore.

So, the little icon which shows the connection, at the right bottom, so this morning on one of my platform, it was at bottom left !

Just find it strange, and ask if i'm the only one who saw that ?

Big Joe:
Hey guys,

I had something strange this morning, but it's not happen anymore.

So, the little icon which shows the connection, at the right bottom, so this morning on one of my platform, it was at bottom left !

Just find it strange, and ask if i'm the only one who saw that ?

All sorts of things happening with metatrader. We could say that now the only rule is that there are no rules how metatrader works

Very difficult to work like this. Never know what will happen next - sometimes it simply unloads an EA and no error message sent at all

mladen:
Build 610? If it is build 610 it really had a lot of issues like that. Working with build 613 now, and so far it seems to be a bit better, but some bugs are still there

Well, actually the message appeared after I re-compiled the source in 613 (I start every new build with a unit test, to learn what has been "improved" meanwhile).

The more interesting was reason, which toggled the message - it was a line in import declaration for wininet.dll - no real code, just declaration of external function. No clue why.

Ovo:
Well, actually the message appeared after I re-compiled the source in 613 (I start every new build with a unit test, to learn what has been "improved" meanwhile). The more interesting was reason, which toggled the message - it was a line in import declaration for wininet.dll - no real code, just declaration of external function. No clue why.

Seems that they are doing all they can to discourage us from using dlls.

Right now I am in a middle of trying to find out a reason why one of my dlls is working OK 99.999% of time but then 2 or 3 times a day it throws a read access violation. It is using the same data all the time, on each and every tick and there are no ifs in the dll code that would avoid some special situation, so the only cause that I came up so far is that for some reason, parameters are not passed to the dll correctly in some cases

They sure made our lives interesting. I do not gamble but coding for this new metatrader sometimes looks like a pure gamble : "it will work, it will not work , ..." depends on a coin toss sometimes

mladen:
Seems that they are doing all they can to discourage us from using dlls.

Right now I am in a middle of trying to find out a reason why one of my dlls is working OK 99.999% of time but then 2 or 3 times a day it throws a read access violation. It is using the same data all the time, on each and every tick and there are no ifs in the dll code that would avoid some special situation, so the only cause that I came up so far is that for some reason, parameters are not passed to the dll correctly in some cases

They sure made our lives interesting. I do not gamble but coding for this new metatrader sometimes looks like a pure gamble : "it will work, it will not work , ..." depends on a coin toss sometimes

Lol, you are damn right.

If the bug is systematic, I can catch it soon, take some correction and add it to unit test to watch it forever.

But what I hate is the graphics-related bugs - I can not easily auto-test appearance.

With 613, they complicated my life with the ChartWindowFind() - now it fails in almost every case. The only condition it works is very complex: the indicator is the first indicator in the subwindow && during adding to a chart the input tabs of the dialogue was not selected && has unique short name among indicators. Took me a while to reveal it

That is not even funny. If they can not make a basic function like ChartWindowFind() without problems, then it is a big problem

One more game that metaquotes have prepared to us : this is an indicator that compilers with 0 (zero) errors or warnings, does not trigger any run-time error and still does not work OK (it is an original that worked just fine in metatrader 5). I am leaving it as is as a game so that if someone wants to try to find what exactly is causing this (as I said - do not expect help from compiler - there will be no error nor warning messages). Tested on build 613

Conclusion : do not trust the compiler, but then, that will be a real fun to try to code something without being able to trust the compiler

Reason: