Live Testing reports - page 35

autumnleaves:
Very interesting results DSWK, and only on one currency pair! The reason I am testing 5.7.2 is to use the trailing stop, which was not available (as I understood) in earlier versions. In any case, you appear not to be using a trailing stop, as your profits all seem to be 42 pips. The problem on my demo account is that the EA is not opening trades intelligently. (Except the last three USDJPY trades which opened within a few hours of yours.) Perhaps we should all go back to the earliest version of Phoenix and use only default settings, as my "optimized" settings only appear to result in bad trades. I notice you had a large initial loss on the account. Did you change any settings after that event? Are you using only default settings for the signals and TP, SL?

I have been getting the same results more/less with DSWK. Now what i do is i don't trade the script automatically in a live account. I run the contest EA on a demo IBFX account, then mirror the trade in multiple non-metaquotes broker accounts. Been quite profitable thus far.

GK

Good trades

Thanks for the new indicator Syg, but for some reason it does not appear in the navigator list of indicators or custom indicators after I place it in the indicators folder under experts. Am I doing something wrong?

GK you are basically using the EA as an indicator. Do you trade strictly based on the Phoenix trades or do you use other indicators in your decision? Why not simply let the EA do the trading?

Salut

autumnleaves:
Thanks for the new indicator Syg, but for some reason it does not appear in the navigator list of indicators or custom indicators after I place it in the indicators folder under experts. Am I doing something wrong?

GK you are basically using the EA as an indicator. Do you trade strictly based on the Phoenix trades or do you use other indicators in your decision? Why not simply let the EA do the trading?

Salut

I just attached the indicator as a visual guide (more for information).

As for the phoenix EA as an indicator, i use the parameters that it issues for the trades as a guideline for a trade (specific entries, TPs and SLs). On Oanda i run the trade in its entirety and on a larger money account I take what i can before i goto bed. Generally i do all of this standalone, however on the bigger money account i will cut it short if other systems or strategies conflict with that trade.

Hope this helps,

GK

autumnleaves:

Salut

The file is source file, have you compiled it?

You may open it, save to the indicator directory and then compile it.

Then restart your MT. It should be displayed in the customer indicator list.

Thanks!

bertbin:
My statement to day at 17h00GMT

Comments : nothing to complain with...

CuckcooBrainCowboy : I found color of bananas : blue !

Looking at both of our reports, it seems like the GBPUSD isn't optimized very well at all.

Indicator

Thanks Syg, I've got it running now. I wasn't able to compile it from the navigator, but did succeed when I accessed it outside MT4.

It turns out this is the same indicator as the one I mentioned earlier. Don't know how I got hold of it though. Will keep you posted.

AdamDuritz99:
Looking at both of our reports, it seems like the GBPUSD isn't optimized very well at all.

Nope ! Best pair is GB/$ See attach from last friday. Will see results this week.

autumnleaves:
My demo account is now down $2000 since the beginning of the week, and open trades are negative to the tune of another $1000. It would appear we are in a nose dive. Statement attached.

do you trade in mode1 with multiple open trades or do you trade in mode3?

but you're right, my IBFX accounts are in a nose dive as well compared to 3 weeks ago.

for IBFX i am having (at least i had) great results on USDCHF and GBPUSD (default settings, mode3).

weekly results since Nov/2006:

USDCHF 130,585,260,0,418,0,307,494,390,0,-480,-240 pips

GBPUSD 302,247,280,330,385,294,-392,919,90,259,-221,0 pips

USDJPY (FXDD account) 252,378,504 pips since jan 15th.

not too bad IMHO, it'll bounce back

AZBOfin

Results looking good

Hi Azbofin.

Tour results do look pretty good indeed. I am trying to get mode1 right before moving on, but I do allow up to 5 trades, because I want to push the EA a bit and see if it stands up to the pressure (or resists the temptation). I think the main (but not the only) problem was in my optimizations. It seems there is really no obvious way to optimize the signal settings. Perhaps someone can enlighten us, but I haven't a clue how the default settings were arrived at.

Signals

autumnleaves:
Hi Azbofin. Tour results do look pretty good indeed. I am trying to get mode1 right before moving on, but I do allow up to 5 trades, because I want to push the EA a bit and see if it stands up to the pressure (or resists the temptation). I think the main (but not the only) problem was in my optimizations. It seems there is really no obvious way to optimize the signal settings. Perhaps someone can enlighten us, but I haven't a clue how the default settings were arrived at.

If I understand correctly, settings the "Consecutive Signals" higher, for example from to 15, should improve the quality of the trade as it need 15 confirmations in the same direction before taking a trade. Then with "Max Trade" set at 2 or more, it also need to be confirm 15 time before entering another one, etc. Again, be concern about MM as if you do it on many pairs, the risk adds up. 5 times 5 % X 6 pairs makes a lot of risk. So do as if you were trading real money with realistic expectations.

Reason: