Big Be

Big Be:
mladen,

Sorry, "dixed"??

Big Be

Typo.

But significant

A bug that happens in build 610.

First of all it is a result of previous versions (build 509 and lower) that were, in cases when buffer elements outside the actual array size were addressed, returning 0 as a result. Now if you try to access such an element, it will do nothing. It will not raise an error. It will not stop the execution. It will, in short, not do anything to let you know that something is wrong.

Attaching an example like. Just for the sake of amusement attach it to the chart and try too debug it and you will see how buggy the whole environment (not just the compiler) is at build 610

No excuses for coders, but it seems that we are back into times when we had to write our own debuggers

PS: those are exactly the same things still happening sometimes with metatrader 5 (when you must unload the faulty executable or else you are going to get errors over and over even when you already corrected it, and it is happening after 6 years of development), so ... good luck to all with coding

Files:

Build 610 : When you change the broker and then try to change the time frame immediately after that, you are just returned to the original time frame. You have to try to change the time frame again in order to actually get the time frame changed

mladen,

(To change broker you close MT and open another.)

Did you mean "When you change the pair" ?

Big Be

Big Be:
mladen,

(To change broker you close MT and open another.)

Did you mean "When you change the pair" ?

Big Be

Big Be

No, I meant broker (I am using 3 demo accounts on 3 brokers right now in these tests).

For example : I am on one broker 15 minutes chart. I change the broker. Still on 15 minute chart. Whatever time frame I try to use (other than 15 minute in this example) when I press the button on periodicity bar, it just turns me back to the original time frame. Only when I try to change the time frame for the second time I can (and the time frame is changed)

That is happening on build 610

mladen,

I get it now!

Bug.

Big Be

In new MT4, multi monitor by detaching charts from main mt4 window is being a big problem using this scrip here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183873

Only the last chart you have click on it will update, all the others in others screens will be frozen... it will update chart as soon you click on it with no need to re-dock but no need to say it is completely useless this way, was great on build 509...

update:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, so....

Big Be:
mladen,

I get it now!

Bug.

Big Be

It is still present in build 613 too

Hello guys, not sure if some of you have seen this one:

I probably lost some license for my source

Files:
Reason: