Metatrader 4 build 418 ... - page 11

I know I am annoying with this, but today is a last day to upgrade to builds not less than 416, so if someone forgot, and has a live account, he/she should do that

Since they "released: build 432 today to "fix" some problems

Just some testing experience (this time just regarding demo accounts opening) :

build 419 - OK - can open a demo account with no problem

build 427 - did not have time to test too much but it works OK - can open demo accounts

build 432 - version from today : can not open any demo accounts.

Hello Mladen,

I just update one of my platform, and everything seems to work, renko experts, indicators and Shelley ( love that basket thing ).

And i can open a new demo account ( Roboforex ).

Thanks for the info I am sure that the rest of the users will be calmer knowing that

Big Joe:
Hello Mladen,

I just update one of my platform, and everything seems to work, renko experts, indicators and Shelley ( love that basket thing ).

And i can open a new demo account ( Roboforex ).

Builds 427 and 432

So far these builds have been behaving...

Big Be

Yes

It seems to be without major flaws (even the metaquotes site is not receiving any major complaints - the ones posted are mainly coding misunderstandings so it seems that these are OK)

Big Be:
So far these builds have been behaving... Big Be

No problem even running on linux.

what do we know!?

Hi every one,

did anyone every wonder about the simple fact that MT as a platform can be very informative to us, but of course also to the party at the other side of the line?

For instance in the (unlikely) event you are succesful with an EA, this is quite obvious for your broker. What if MT offers to not only monitor the EA behaviour, but simply suck-in the EA source-code? I wouldn't like this idea, but I have no idea if this happens.

The same for indi use statistics, etc. Software to analyse any significant relationship between your technical analysis and your profits is easy to write. Then trade with/against, pick a few pips slippage extra, etc.

Would be an easy tool just to add a little to "broker-efficiency".

Probably just paranoid, but did anyone ever hear of this?

Update to memory leak bug

I just updated my test computer by getting new data for all pairs using build 432.

The memory leak appears to be gone!!!

I was able to open charts on all pairs and timeframes without the unable to allocate memory message.

Thank you to whomever read and reported this to Metaquotes.

NAnd thank you to Metaquotes for fixing the memory problem.

It appears they listen to us after all.

Robert

MrPip:
There is another problem with MT4 thta many may not be aware of.

I have a testing system where I collect data from the trade server.

At least once per month I start the system, start MT4 and go through the list of pairs opening a chart for each timeframe.

I start with 1 minute then click on each timeframe as each chart is completed. These are empty charts with no indicators.

After 4 or 5 pairs have retrieved the data from the server I get an error Unable to allocate memory for a very large amount of ram, at least multiple megabytes.

I have a 16 gig ram system. I know MT4 only uses a piece of that amount.

This tells me there is a major memory leak in MT4. You programmers would know that there is calloc without the associated free for the memory used. These are the function calls in C that are used to allocate and deallocate memory.

I also notice that available memory is slowly reduced over time even though nothing else is running.

So there is probably another memory leak somewhere.

For this reason I shut down MT4 every weekend and restart before the open of the market.

BTW, is there a thread or place to report such bugs? Or does metaquotes even care?

The last time I reported the boolean bug at the forum.mql4.com I got no response. This was at least 5 years ago.

Robert

Your broker can know that you are using EA from a much simpler fact : most of the EAs write something to the comment field and most "manual" traders do not, so all it takes to them is to check comment fields. But I doubt that they are doing that. Actually I think that they are happy when they see that ... increasing the volume (as many Eas do) is just benefiting brokers

As of "sucking in the EA" - I think that you are right : that is paranoid Why would the do that when they can buy it for a couple of $ pretending to be a "person" instead of a "broker"? Or what would they use it for when they already have a "golden goose" job - taking spread from each and every trade, at the least?

FloFri:
Hi every one,

did anyone every wonder about the simple fact that MT as a platform can be very informative to us, but of course also to the party at the other side of the line?

For instance in the (unlikely) event you are succesful with an EA, this is quite obvious for your broker. What if MT offers to not only monitor the EA behaviour, but simply suck-in the EA source-code? I wouldn't like this idea, but I have no idea if this happens.

The same for indi use statistics, etc. Software to analyse any significant relationship between your technical analysis and your profits is easy to write. Then trade with/against, pick a few pips slippage extra, etc.

Would be an easy tool just to add a little to "broker-efficiency".

Probably just paranoid, but did anyone ever hear of this?
Reason: