The future of metatrader 4 ...

It seems that something new in the "old" metatrader 4 is happening. According to a post from 28th of February 2012. In the post, following is said :

New MetaTrader 4 build 415 has been released We have released the new MetaTrader 4 build 415 with a lot of changes and improvements. Now we invite you to participate in beta testing. Connect to our demo server at demo.metaquotes.net: 443 and the LiveUpdate system will automatically update your MetaTrader 4 terminal to build 415.

Pay attention to the "participate in beta testing" part. We have been beta testing version 5 for last 3 years, now we are invited to beta test version 4? I am curious what exactly does that mean. Well, lets wait a bit more and see what exactly is going to happen ...

Yes, MT5 has been launched and some traders are using as well. But the number of such traders are very few. A big number of traders using MT4 till now. It may be reason behind updating MetaTrader 4 still now.

Hi Mladen,

can you provide the link to read (in russian for example)?

As to MT4/MT5 so yes, agree - we need many platforms ....

This was the post : http://forum.mql4.com/46559

It has reached the infamous build 418 since then. I really have an impression as if they are making version 4 compatible to version 5 (kill me why I think so, but that is the impression I am having)

Yes you are right: I was reading in russian about build 418 - there are 8 pages! people complained.

Our friend poruchik participated a lot and seems it was just a general opinion that build 409 may be the best one.

Also - poruchik provided the link to down this build 409.

Renat (one of the developer of Metatrader for this build) participated too and he said "sorry guys" (it was 3 days ago) so I hope that they will fix it finally (he said that new fixed build may be issued on this/next week).

Just small review about complaints in russian.

mladen:
This was the post : Participate in the Beta Testing of MetaTrader 4 build 415! - MQL4 forum It has reached the infamous build 418 since then. I really have an impression as if they are making version 4 compatible to version 5 (kill me why I think so, but that is the impression I am having)

I am not a programmer ... but what the developer of this build was saying about

"sorry for issues - it is the results of compillator changing from VC6 to VC2008"

No idea about compillator of VC6 or VC2008 ... what is compillator (Metaeditor?) for MT5?

VC2008?

if yes so yes they are making is to be compatible in some way ...

It would be visual C/C++

And if they are migrating from visual studio 6 to 2008 they are into a complete rewrite of the whole thing (it simply must be rewritten - I had to do a similar thing with one application written in VS 6)

newdigital:
I am not a programmer ... but what the developer of this build was saying about

"sorry for issues - it is the results of compillator changing from VC6 to VC2008"

No idea about compillator of VC6 or VC2008 ... what is compillator (Metaeditor?) for MT5?

VC2008?

if yes so yes they are making is to be compatible in some way ...

That is funny thing ...

people were talking (2 days ago) that their indicators are re-painting with build 418 but not repainting with build 409

But ... my Alpari NZ Metatrader is not going to update from 409 ... I did not try FXCM but seems they are same - not updating

I re-started IBFX few days ago - same: 409.

If they are converting from VS 6 to 2008 then the issues are not going to be solved easily : the recommendation of not to download upgrades and to use older version stands till it is proven that some new version will work as it should, since they are looking into a big, big job.

Reason: