Featured Martingale EA to explore and expand, provided by a programmer - page 8

Hi Christina,

Does it matter when is the best times to trade? during breakouts or opening sessions?

Maybe add an function that would let users choose one/multiple times when Ea trades. I.e. London breakout, Us open etc...

Also I would like to suggest a function to stop the Ea from trading after the first lot of trades have been c completed.

The reason why, is I would like to trade manually sometimes, turn it on when I want to and then turn it off. It saves the stress of worrying what would happen when I'm not watching it.

Thanks again,

Tony

16% return for the week

It was a good week overall with a little over 16% return. The EA started to recover after the big losses in mid-week. I exited the last few positions manually to get out before NFP.

Hi Christina,

111104 version doesn't work on FinFx, Ecn broker.

Thanks,

Suggestion for increasing profit when trades go in your favor

Let's say you are setting the direction of your trades manually:

You set a Buy.

It goes up by 180 pips in a short amount of time.

Your grid distance is 50.

So you opened 3 trades. Now you are 180pips in profit, but you havent' closed any of the 3 trades yet.

When the profits starts to retrace < 180pips, then you close all three trades in one lot.

Can use Trailing stop and PipsprofitTarget as well.

Nice system.

Started using it last week on IBFX demo account with 5K$ and it works beautifully.

I am using the base EA on EUR/USD & USD/JPY with the default settings.

Let us see how things go in the coming weeks.

Anyone else is testing this system?

Yeah, I've been testing for a month now, HotForex, same pairs. Base template. Starting Bal $3000. To date, 55% ROI. One of the best I've ever seen for an EA.

Here are the settings I'm using.

EURUSD

Max Orders 10

Grid Distance 60

Pip Profit Target 20

$$Profit Target 50

Lot Multiplier 1.5

Emergency Stop 1000

Open Lot 0.05

Take Profit 50

USDJPY

Max Orders 10

Grid Distance 10

Pip Profit Target 100

$$Profit Target 20

Lot Multiplier 1.5

Emergency Stop 1000

Open Lot 0.01

Take Profit 10

There are two attachements. One is the detailed report. The other is a picture of the overall results from my Forex Control Center report generator. EURUSD is solidly outperforming USDJPY, but its profitable none the less.

Thanks Christina!

Joe

wait for the trend.

My idea is sort of like tonynz, only a little differnt. The idea is to take 1-3 trades in the trending direction, then, and I think nanningbob uses something like this...Its easy to find the average daily pip swing of a chart, and so, you know, when the trend reverses, about how far its going to go in the other direction. You automatically close the orders you have, and wait for the reversal, then, when it reverses, you take trades in the other direction. If a chart, like gbp/jpy, for example, has been swinging about 350 pips a day, for a week, its a pretty safe bet that it will do something very similar today, so, the idea is to take a few orders in one trend direction, sit and wait for the reversal, and then take orders in the other direction. Then, you could either have a sl/tp, or have a certain limit to your tp.

the toadist with the mostist.

10.5% return for the week

Another good week overall returning 10.5%. I exited the last position manually to get out before Friday. So far, so good.

-7.58% return for the week

Lot of draw down in the beginning of the week with a slow recover towards the end.

A totally safe Martingale certainly does not exist.

I have provided another semi Martingale EA in this thread. Post 37-40.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181176

I have also stated my thoughts on this type of system in general. The reason I'm giving out these system is for traders to experiment Martingale so they fully understand the effects before implementing to real trading, because from my experience there are a large number of traders are very interested in this type of strategy.

Reason: