How to lock and giving expiration to Expert Advisor?

Dear all trader,

I want to give a free expert advisor, but I am afraid somebody will use this free to sell it somewhere like ebay...

How to lock this EA by giving an expiration date to it, for example when it reach 1 month it won't work, instead it said something like "your ea is expired"

I ever asked this question, but it's in somewhere inside this forum..

thank you before for answering my question.

regards,

Another way perhaps

Intsead of having everyone download a new version every time the old one expires, how about doing something like cja did with his Signal_Bars indy. You have to enter a password in the input box when you attach it to a chart and if not a message comes up saying the password is wrong and the indy is free at Forex-TSD.

I dont know how or where to put this in the EA, but if you contact CJA maybe he could help.

Also like the locks on the door of your house they only really keep the honest people out, if someone really wants your code I am sure they could crack the EX4.

All the best

swagman1:
Intsead of having everyone download a new version every time the old one expires, how about doing something like cja did with his Signal_Bars indy. You have to enter a password in the input box when you attach it to a chart and if not a message comes up saying the password is wrong and the indy is free at Forex-TSD.

I dont know how or where to put this in the EA, but if you contact CJA maybe he could help.

Also like the locks on the door of your house they only really keep the honest people out, if someone really wants your code I am sure they could crack the EX4.

All the best

thank you for your suggestion,

but i would like to give expiration date since I will often update the EA as well..

I have tried this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int start()

{

string expire_date = "2006.31.06"; //<-- hard coded datetime

datetime e_d = StrToTime(expire_date);

if (CurTime() >= e_d)

{

Alert ("The trial version has been expired!");

return(0);

}

// your normal code!

return(0);

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but it comes error..

maybe anyone can help?

hi Ancoll

the problem could in date field, instead of "yyyy.dd.mm" use "yyyy.mm.dd" format:

string expire_date = "2006.06.31";

regards

oromek

I wanna ask about all expert advisor that sell in mql5.com. Are they guaranted that have no expired and lock in their coding?

RajaCS:
I wanna ask about all expert advisor that sell in mql5.com. Are they guaranted that have no expired and lock in their coding?

Yes.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Activating an expert advisor

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.10 17:00

Rules of Using the Market Service -
12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

The author/seller can prodide more activation. How many activation do you have and how many of them were left?
Go to your Profile - Purchases

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Product Activation Question

Stuart Browne, 2015.03.06 11:32

The activation number is the number of different PC's you can use the product on with one license, not how many times it's been downloaded. It's a common misconception :)

As Alain said above, you get one activation per PC, regardless of the number of accounts you are running on that PC. So if the product shows 5 activations, you can use it on 5 different PCs under the MQL5 login account you purchased the indicator or EA on.

Hello

Dear Sergey

I want to build trial free version of my products and allow them to use my products for limited time,

Is it legal to add expire time in my free products? and explain for users in free product description that they allow to use this EA until this expire date.

I paid for vps yesterday  Till now I haven't received my details why please help me

Ashkan Hazegh Nikrou:

Hello

Dear Sergey

I want to build trial free version of my products and allow them to use my products for limited time,

Is it legal to add expire time in my free products? and explain for users in free product description that they allow to use this EA until this expire date.

I am not sure that it is legal in the recent Market.
Anyway - you can check the rules here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market
Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
  • www.mql5.com
Portfolio X 10 eurusd MT4 EA with hundreds of unique strategies. Run multiple strategies simultaneously. Select your strategies and build your custom portfolio. Replace strategies anytime. Run multiple portfolios with this single EA. All strategies go through phases. Some strategies earn more profits than others. With Portfolio X running you...

chijekwu anthony:
I paid for vps yesterday  Till now I haven't received my details why please help me
How to subscribe to VPS
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/187872#comment_4851530
missing signal trades
missing signal trades
  • www.mql5.com
I have been subscribed to a signal for 1 month and up until now have had only 2 trades have been made on my account...

Sergey Golubev:
I am not sure that it is legal in the recent Market.
Anyway - you can check the rules here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market

Thanks sergey

I am reading this link and try to find my answer :

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...
Reason: