How to LOCK/Encrypt EA - page 15

Shinigami:
The only real way to protect your EA from decompiling is by making DLL with EA logics yourself.

Hello, thsi is what I'm looking for

Can you please post an example of what I can put in a DLL for security like expire date or whatever and have the MT4 EA check it. The DLL will also need to take over at least one function from the EA so that even though the EA is decompiled it still wont work properly with out this info from the DLL like indicator values and such.

Thank you

Protect EA's (ex4)

It is easy to crack/decompile any kind of ex4-file, but it is hard to decompile a dll-file. (it's not impossible but very expensive)

I use the the following way to protect my EA's:

- i code the trading logic in C-Code in a dll (for example one function which decides to buy or to sell and one function which decides to close a trade). Input for these functions are some indicator values, depending on the trading strategy. the functions are called from the EA The dll also calculates a checksum of the ex4-file and compares it with the 'origin' checksum of my ex4-file. If there are differences (which means, modified EA) the dll's trade logic doesn't work anymore.

This protects you against modifying your EA's ex4-file and redistributing it to other people. It doesn't protect against just copying the EA . If you also want a protection against this, you migth set 'legal' account numbers which are allowed to trade your EA in the EA's ex4-code. Modifying this would lead to other checksums and therefore can be detected.

JStein:
It is easy to crack/decompile any kind of ex4-file, but it is hard to decompile a dll-file. (it's not impossible but very expensive)

I use the the following way to protect my EA's:

- i code the trading logic in C-Code in a dll (for example one function which decides to buy or to sell and one function which decides to close a trade). Input for these functions are some indicator values, depending on the trading strategy. the functions are called from the EA The dll also calculates a checksum of the ex4-file and compares it with the 'origin' checksum of my ex4-file. If there are differences (which means, modified EA) the dll's trade logic doesn't work anymore.

This protects you against modifying your EA's ex4-file and redistributing it to other people. It doesn't protect against just copying the EA . If you also want a protection against this, you migth set 'legal' account numbers which are allowed to trade your EA in the EA's ex4-code. Modifying this would lead to other checksums and therefore can be detected.

Are you able to start a new thread on this with examples of creating these dll's? or post some dll example codeing here?

Thanks

giving expiration date

Fast question,

I want to ask how to give expiration date to EA,

my purpose is giving the .ex file and also giving expiration date to it,

what line should I add to the compiler in MT4?

thank you before..

protection for ex4 files

hi,

anyone knows a free program or another easy method to protect ex4 files? thank you for info.

cya

Cannot Do

Cannot be done even with commercial software. If its worth protecting its worth offering it as a for fee service not as a download.

Noah1978:
hi,

anyone knows a free program or another easy method to protect ex4 files? thank you for info.

cya

Hi Noah,

Might check this interesting article Protect Yourselves, Developers! - MQL4 Articles

to oldforever

Dear oldforever sir,

i have also some indicator and i also want to secure them by using the web. can you pls tell me how can i create dll files of my all indicators and the coding by web servers??? kindly mail me at jointheprofit@yahoo.com

thanks

Naveen

How to protect his Expert Advisor and create licence...

Hi evryone!!

I have created a expert advisor, it works good (with Baktest on one years 5000 Dollars with 1000 dollar deposit)

So, i want to sell licence on website...

But i would to know : if is it possible to protect it against hackers or decompilation "exe4." file?.

best regards

chrome:
Hi evryone!!

I have created a expert advisor, it works good (with Baktest on one years 5000 Dollars with 1000 dollar deposit)

So, i want to sell licence on website...

But i would to know : if is it possible to protect it against hackers or decompilation "exe4." file?.

best regards

If is making money, why do you want to sell it?

Anyway, in my opinion, you have to create dll to protect it. I still cannot guarantee that your EA will not be cracked.

Reason: