"Against all odds" - Highest Metatrader Profit...

...but for whom? Just some educated thoughts:

If Forex were a Roulette -like Game, the odds would be 50:50 (rouge-noir;up-down). Yet 95% of all Forex traders lose their money. This is far from random, far from throwing dice. This cries for some implemented kind of system to the disadvantage of the little Forex-user like me and maybe you.Up-Down - thats 50 % chance in price movement. So why not 50 % Winners in Forex.?

Well let me put it this way: If I wanted all those little traders to start handing over their money to me (the big dog) What would I do??).

RULE_1: If you want everybody to have it - I have to give it away for free. Lets say some kind of tradingterminal.

RULE_2: If the builtin odds to win are 50:50 from the start (price up or down) You would have to implement certain traps, obstacles, some kind of unexpected actions to disturb the normal user who has downloaded your free terminal, so that even if he were on the winning 50 percent of the price action chance, he still would lose in the end. You can go up as high as about 45% builtin flaws. So 50 % and 45 % makes 95% chance for you (the big dog) to get the desired money of the trader.

Flaws like what? For example:

1. making trading as obstaculous as possible with "ok" Confirmation requests over and over, popup delays etc. All so that noone can take bigger advantage of a big move all the way, because the routine of trading slows him down. One "Are you sure you want...Y/N" can be worth 200 Pips in this 2 second question answer period of the terminal.

2. introducing 5 digit price rates which many people find hard to imagine. So they have to correct entries for stop losses and targets, because they typed it wrong. AND typing 5 digits is slower than typing 4 digits. The user will have mistakes in his calculations because of the 5 digits format and so on.

3. Implementing unexpected and unpredictable actions like "trade context busy", " "Not connected" etc. To stop a possible winning streak by the user if he wins too often in a row. Just try it: After every "Trade context busy-" Quickly close and re open the terminal. Everything is ok again. If you instead try and try and try to place your desired oder over and over, there is up to 1 Minute "trade context busy"..

4. Data holes in backtest data are a nice way to seduce the trader to hand in his money. If you are totally scrupulous you even ask for the "OK" by the user after telling him that the data on the server might not be the same as the ones you download (historical quotes). Whatever happens to them during the download process?

5. And some more flaws, like the printout function not printing the same size/scaled pic as shown on the screen. - Slightly but randomly differing intervalls within the Cycle Line draw functrion, so that after 50 Cycles you miss 2 and a half complete cycles and get nowwhere with your graphical analysis ......and many many many more (sometimes rediculously small flaws one tends to overlook. Like not showing all the expert advisors A-Z if there are two many so you cant test repidly through. and so on.

Please prove me wrong. But in my humble opinion METATRADER IS A PROGRAM THAT GUARANTEES THE 95% LOSS OF THE MONEY OF EVERYBODY WHO USES IT!

I would not be surpriced if there is a "hacked" megtatrader version or some kind of update program given to the big dog users that corrects the flaws and lets them have their winnings from the users that youse the regular version.

Paranoid? Maybe.

Opinions?

sunnybln

Thats why its a good reason to trade more stable time frames, such as Daily. The obsession with trading 1 second to 15 min charts is futile in a constantly changing market. This is what makes it so easy for large entities to take your money, because they know 95% of traders trade off data that can be manipulated with ease. While Daily charts are much harder to change.

Great! Always with the critically important contributions.

..smile; now THIS reply was very wellwithinthe 2-sigma distribution of the expectancy curve. I feel relief - maybe things are trending towards more predictability.

PLEASE proove me wrong! I want someone to tell me otherwise. I need to be convinced that all is well. I love this Forex thing. I want to keep on playing. Especially since I found my way around the described pitfalls....btw.

How to commit "FORICIDE" ( = financial suicide with forex as the weapon):

1. Always use Stoplosses

2. Use and rely on indicators

3. Keep thinking that buying USDCHF and buying EURUSD is hedging

4.Trust the historical quotes and backtests

5. Take part in these Forex education-courses and Trading Trainings. They teach you how to be the perfect victim. And you even pay for it.

6. Keep believing any commercially sold System , indicator or expert will at least yield a little profit in the long run.

But I dont want to destroy hopes without giving that cloud a silver lining.

You might have a little chance by obeying the following rules:

NO Stoplosses

NO Indicatiors

NO System that is spread sensitive

NO Trailings

NOTHING derived from any graphical analysis unless you squared your charts yourself (!)

... sounds so much the opposite of what they taught you ?

Well, .. ever wondered why they taught you what you learned from "them"? Because they are human spirits of the highest morals? Because they want you to WIN in Forex and thereby possibly take their money?

Good "luck".

.....]( dont want to be a party jammer - but , just in case there i s something of higher spirit or morals after we died- I felt obliged to at least tell one or the other human being to open their eyes and see- instead of trusting the saying of others that sunlight is harmfull to your eyes.

Find pattern that works 90+% of the time...use reasonable SL...set reasonable TP..SL must be bigger than TP...doesn't matter if pattern repeats itself, not too often...make money...(SL & TP not to be changed under any conditions)...good luck

Pava:
Find pattern that works 90+% of the time...use reasonable SL...set reasonable TP..SL must be bigger than TP...doesn't matter if pattern repeats itself, not too often...make money...(SL & TP not to be changed under any conditions)...good luck

Ok. how much exactly are you making profit this way, monthly, on a regular basis?

sunnybln.

With the "pattern" part you made an enourmously important and central statement- maybe without knowing it yourself. Just some brain food: Charts are not flat!. They have depth. Every movement up is at the same time a movement away from you. Every movement down is a movement towards you. Wonder what good old Pythagoras would have to say to that...

Profit/Loss is as unpredictable as the market's moves...

sunnybln:
Ok. how much exactly are you making profit this way, monthly, on a regular basis?

sunnybln.

With the "pattern" part you made an enourmously important and central statement- maybe without knowing it yourself. Just some brain food: Charts are not flat!. They have depth. Every movement up is at the same time a movement away from you. Every movement down is a movement towards you. Wonder what good old Pythagoras would have to say to that...

All my charts are flat

James the Giant:
All my charts are flat

As flat as the flat you live in ? Charts have as much depth as your flat has. smile.... WHAT I WANTED TO POINT OUT:-->> You have a 50 % chance by correctly guessing up or down for pricemovemnt. on these 50 percent you - again- have a 95% chance of not profiting because of builtin Metatrader and System traps and pitfalls.So - if you want to be profitable at least 50 % in the end, you would have to be at least 100 % correct as far as price movement is concerned.45 % of these 100% price-correctness fall prey to the Traps. So this is why , never, under no circumstances will the normal average trader be constantly profitable by using Metatrader.allong withpopularIndicators and popularstrategies.

The opposite applies. by using Metatrader you reduce your profit possibilities to under 5 % if not at all.

Playing roulette is, compared to Forex with Metatrader- a sure fire winner thing .

James the Giant:
All my charts are flat

Like all of the earth was flat some time ago? smile...

Reason: