AMAZING! Very profitable EA - 5MATF - page 2

Trend

After seeing your replies, I had some ideas that might improve this expert advisor:

The expert advisor works fine putting only buy orders or sell orders when the daily trend is strong, but it needs to run a good indicator that provides this information. I thought in the ZigZag (ExtDepth 50) but the indicator is dayled (?) or exponential moving average (75 daily).

See the image, what do you think?

Tzuman and mrtools, thanks for sharing knowledge. I would be grateful if you could help put some of my ideas.

Files:
system.jpg  327 kb

Nearly 100 P{IPs

My open results are now nearly 100 Pips.

I am using the default settings in v1b with no trailing stop loss. Shortly after initiating the sale yesterday afternoon, I placed a SL based on a Parabolic SAR and updated once before retiring. When I checked in this AM, the profit was about 80 pips but if the EA had religiously followed the SAR over night, it would have stopped out for much less.

I am a big believer in Stop Loss being set to prevent catastrophic loss should your computer or internet fail during open trades. I'd like to hear recommendations about setting stop losses, e.g. fixed, SAR, using longest EMA.

Next week, I plan to run a test with the 6 majors, M15 & H1

Trade Well!

Tzuman:
My open results are now nearly 100 Pips.

I am using the default settings in v1b with no trailing stop loss. Shortly after initiating the sale yesterday afternoon, I placed a SL based on a Parabolic SAR and updated once before retiring. When I checked in this AM, the profit was about 80 pips but if the EA had religiously followed the SAR over night, it would have stopped out for much less.

I am a big believer in Stop Loss being set to prevent catastrophic loss should your computer or internet fail during open trades. I'd like to hear recommendations about setting stop losses, e.g. fixed, SAR, using longest EMA.

Next week, I plan to run a test with the 6 majors, M15 & H1

Trade Well!

You can put this parabolic sar function inside the ea?

What brokers do you use guys ?

Because in my backtests it clearly shows the contrary ?????

Big Joe:
What brokers do you use guys ? Because in my backtests it clearly shows the contrary ?????

I have a account with 4XP, but I did not put this EA for run with the account because I'm trying to configure the ea for put only buy order when the price cross the ema 75.

Tzuman use FXCM.

No StopLoss set

sssHHHH, you can use any indicator inside of an EA by using the iCustom call.

Big Joe, I am using FXCM for demo. I have not back tested it yet. I am not a great fan of back testing per se. I prefer to run live tests to acquire a better feel before doing any back testing. My current results may be a fluke.

My open order closed out at nearly 87 pips due to the manual stop loss I set (the low was 0.4 pips below my stop loss and then it started advancing again. It also opened a new order why?)

This second order was also opened without a stop loss being set for an ECN order. For some reason, the Order Modification was not properly processed due to an error. I have modified the code (v1c) for placing orders in anticipation of incorporating error checking to insure that orders are placed correctly. The error probably was caused by v1a not having the proper handling of 5 digit brokers.

Tzuman:
sssHHHH, you can use any indicator inside of an EA by using the iCustom call.

Big Joe, I am using FXCM for demo. I have not back tested it yet. I am not a great fan of back testing per se. I prefer to run live tests to acquire a better feel before doing any back testing. My current results may be a fluke.

My open order closed out at nearly 87 pips due to the manual stop loss I set (the low was 0.4 pips below my stop loss and then it started advancing again. It also opened a new order why?)

This second order was also opened without a stop loss being set for an ECN order. For some reason, the Order Modification was not properly processed due to an error. I have modified the code (v1c) for placing orders in anticipation of incorporating error checking to insure that orders are placed correctly. The error probably was caused by v1a not having the proper handling of 5 digit brokers.

Can you please show in the code where v1a was not having the proper handling for 5 digit brokers!

Pretty much all pairs were in a strong trend in the second half of this week, so I wouldn't be too excited about any profits gained with the EA. wait until trends are not strong across the board and see where to improve. Key is to see where the losses come in, not the profits.

Choppy Seas

In backtesting of the EA it gets hammered in choppy/whipsaw periods as do a lot of EAs. This is also one of the biggest reasons MA EAs fail. They do awesome when there are clear and quick trends established but durring long periods where the market is directionless the losses just keep mounting and few people have the nerve to trade through them. I know backtesting isn't the best tell all, but I have yet to find an EA that blows accounts in backtesting end up surviving live trading.

As JTG states, the profits come nicely when trending. Need to focus on when/where the losses come from and see if there is a filter that will keep you out of directionless trades.

Sorry no holy grail here.

ejohnston5:
In backtesting of the EA it gets hammered in choppy/whipsaw periods as do a lot of EAs. This is also one of the biggest reasons MA EAs fail. They do awesome when there are clear and quick trends established but durring long periods where the market is directionless the losses just keep mounting and few people have the nerve to trade through them. I know backtesting isn't the best tell all, but I have yet to find an EA that blows accounts in backtesting end up surviving live trading.

As JTG states, the profits come nicely when trending. Need to focus on when/where the losses come from and see if there is a filter that will keep you out of directionless trades.

Sorry no holy grail here.

Sorry, have to comment... waste of time... be reminded this thread was started by someone who has no clue about ea's much less trading... it is nice of mr. tools to give his time... but you're not going to find an ea that should be used with real coin on a public forum... imho

Reason: