How to prevent mountain results on my EA?

My EA is good on detecting trends but i want to improve the results. The results looks like a mountain.For example , the EA gains PIPS in the first half of the year but losses all the gains in the second half. This may be because during the second half the instrument is not trending strongly.But then how do I prevent the EA trading in these conditions?

Any ideas would help?

Thanks.

It depends on the system which was coded inside this EA.

-----------

As to the market conition so there is the following suggestion basd on one indicator for example (almost any indicator can evaluate the market condition):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Gold is Reaching at 1270

Sergey Golubev, 2013.07.01 21:04

How can we know: correction, or bullish etc (in case of using indicator for example)?

well ... let's take AbsoluteStrength indicator from MT5 CodeBase.

bullish (Bull market) :

bearish (Bear market) :

ranging (choppy market - means: buy and sell on the same time) :

flat (sideways market - means: no buy and no sell) :

correction :

correction in a bear market (Bear Market Rally) :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.12 17:07

Indicator from the post above? Blue lines (signal line and the dotted line) are the bullish. The combination of those lines are providing the information about the primary trend (bullish only), and the secondary trend. Red lines (2 lines) are for bearish.

• If blue signal line is below blue dotted line = no bullish.
  • If blue signal line is below blue dotted line, and red signal line is below red dotted line = flat (no bullish and no bearish).
  • If 2 blue lines are above 2 red lines, and blue signal line is above blue dotted line = bullish. Opposite for bearish.
  • If blue signal line is above blue dotted line, and red signal line is above red dotted line = ranging (bullish trend and bearish trend on the same time).
  • If red lines are below the blue lines and we see the bearish trend on red lines = correction (secondary correction within the primary bullish trend). Opposite for the secondary rally within the primary bearish trend.

Have the Ea stop trading in ranging market conditions through the Ea settings. If no settings are available because they are not programmed into the  Ea, ask the programmer who 

made the Ea to add the setting to turn off ranging market conditions.

prweza:

My EA is good on detecting trends but i want to improve the results. The results looks like a mountain.For example , the EA gains PIPS in the first half of the year but losses all the gains in the second half. This may be because during the second half the instrument is not trending strongly.But then how do I prevent the EA trading in these conditions?

Any ideas would help?

Thanks.

This problem with many EA's especially when they using custom indicators

Reason: