AMAZING! Very profitable EA - 5MATF - page 3

trendchangetrader:
Sorry, have to comment... waste of time... be reminded this thread was started by someone who has no clue about ea's much less trading... it is nice of mr. tools to give his time... but you're not going to find an ea that should be used with real coin on a public forum... imho

I started trading in 2008, derivative market of Brazil, in

this year i began trading in forex.

be reminded this thread was started for discuss and arrange this expert advisor.

ssshhhh:
I started trading in 2008, derivative market of Brazil, in

this year i began trading in forex.

be reminded this thread was started for discuss and arrange this expert advisor.

Wow!!! good luck!!!

Apologies to MrTools

I made a mistake in my earlier post where I said that v1a was improperly handling 5 digit ECNs per the change that MrTools made. At the time, I was testing on two machines and one did not get updated to version 1a. Again it was my error.

they all fail................

correction..............all EAS fail.

they do not dynamically get in sync. with the market in real time .

hard digital coding / rules will never be able to exist in an analog world that is soft and fuzzy.

the best EA is the one between your ears.

learn to react to the market and trade what you see.

then you have arrived..........

(35 years of trading....)

cheers,

s

"the best EA is the one between your ears" - I can name a few places...to what place exactly you refer?

shoplogix:
correction..............all EAS fail.

they do not dynamically get in sync. with the market in real time .

hard digital coding / rules will never be able to exist in an analog world that is soft and fuzzy.

the best EA is the one between your ears.

learn to react to the market and trade what you see.

then you have arrived..........

(35 years of trading....)

cheers,

s

i was wondering about this myself,

but then why do so many advertise you can make allot?

the best EA....................

"the best EA is the one between your ears" - I can name a few places...to what place exactly you refer.........?

lots of spots to choose from........................:)

the forex marketing machine will spit out a new flavour of the week for the masses to place their money / bets on and to watch it turn to vapour, one more time....

the forex Ea magicians.........now you see it , now you don't.

a sucker is born every minute..............

and so it goes.

cheers,

s

"Actions speak louder than talks"

This was in my Chinese fortune cookie at lunch today. It is very applicable to most of the posts on Page 3 of this thread. To the thread trolls who have nothing better to do than post negative comments, your comments are a total waste of time for you to write them and us to read them. Start the Doom & Gloom thread and discuss your thoughts there, don't bother us unless you want to contribute in a positive way.

"Actions speak louder than talks", Part 2

Here is version 2 of the 5MATL EA for this thread. The zip file contains, the EA, a 5MATL indicator, 5MATL template and profile and some other indicators that support this system. I am also attaching a gif snapshot of the system so you can see what it looks like.

This code has not received any testing and quite probably contains many errors. Do not use it on any live account.,

5MATL EA

This EA is based on an indicator, Trend_alex_cud, developed by Aleksander Kudimov. Recently I found a version 2 of that indicator on the web and updated the EA to use it. The EA and Indicator use 3 time frames and 5 simple moving averages as well as Bill Williams Accelerator De-Accelerator indicator to develop 3 overall trends that are then blended together to produce 5 outputs, Strong Sell, Sell, Neutral, Buy and Strong Buy (-2 to 2)

5MATL IND 1

This indicator is the Trend_Alex_cud indicator significantly reorganized and slightly enhanced to produce better graphics. The reorganization removed the core calculations and made them a Metatrader dll so the function could be called by other programs, namely the EA and a planned second indicator.

5MATL IND 2

This is an unreleased unwritten indicator that should be developed. As I envision it, it will be a separate bar chart that shows the individual Buy/Sell recommendations produced for each Bar. At this time, I am planning on testing and debugging the system rather than writing this indicator.

Installation instructions

Unzip the attached file and you will find directories for Experts, Templates, Profiles Experts\Indicators and Experts\Libraries. Copy the .MT4 and .EX4 files into the corresponding directories in your Metatrader installation. For those of you who have either Vista or Windows 7, you do not have to unzip the file, but can simply double click on the zip file and use Ctl C and Ctl V to copy and paste directly into the Metatrader directories. In the attached profile, I have set ChartShift as I am considering moving the information from IND 1 into the main chart on the left to conserve screen space, what do you think?

Operating and Trading suggestions.

First DO NO USE THIS ON A LIVE ACCOUNT YET.

I could not find any description of how to interpret the Indicator so I assume that if you set the time frames to 15, 60, 240 you should be trading on the 15M chart, not either on a lower or higher time frame chart. If you want to test higher time frames, adjust the time frames accordingly.

OPENLEVEL This determines the Signal level above which the EA will open orders, e.g. OPENLEVEL=0 means Signals 1, Buy, and 2, Strong Buy will open orders. OPENLEVEL=1 will only open orders with a 2, Strong Buy Signal. Buy or Sell Signals will only be placed if there are no open orders. There is a severe known bug in the code for processing only Strong signals. If OPENLEVEL=1, it will place Buy signals for only a Strong Buy, but will place Sell orders for Signals of 0,-1,-2.

CLOSELEVEL This is the absolute value of the Signal level at which open Buy or Sell orders will be closed. Due to a difference in code, the bug in OPENLEVEL is not in the close process.

PRICE This is a new variable introduced to allow you to choose one of the seven Metatrader standard prices, Close, Open,High,Low, Median,Typical,Weighted prices to use in the Moving Average calculation.

MA_METHOD This variable will allow you to use Simple, Exponential, Smoothed or Linear Weighted calculations for the moving averages. Note that your selection for Price and Ma_Method will apply to all 15 combinations. Perhaps someone will run some side by side tests comparing results from the Simple Ma to the other MA alternatives as well as testing if Prices other than Close are superior to using the close price.

You can determine the number to use for these two parameters by either reviewing Metatrader documentation or by placing the standard Metatrader Moving Average onto a chart and counting the drop down choices with 0 being the first choice in the drop down list.

_AllAverages. This is an indicator I included as an alternative to using the standard Metatrader Moving Average. This indicator will allow you to paint the MA line in three colors, 0 and also includes many more Ma Method calculations and Price choices. It is possible in the future, we could replace the standard Metatrader Ma calculations with AllAverages in 5MATL EA.

Parabolic SAR and Support/Resistance. I am not documenting them as they are provided as is and are not currently part of the system.

Again, This release is completely untested, both for the original EA and Indicator and for the changes I made.

Enjoy,

Tzuman

Files:
5matl_ea..gif  22 kb
5matl.zip  160 kb

5EATL v2a Errors fixed

I began testing and found the same errors as KBless. Attached version 2a should fix the buy errors. Please note that if there are no open orders, upon starting, the EA will place a Buy or Sell, depending on the Signal value. You should carefully consider if you wish to keep the order open or close it based on how many bars have elapsed since the initial Signal was given.. Subsequent orders will be placed correctly.

In addition the the fixed order open problems, the OpenLevel problem has been fixed. Now both the OpenLevel and CloseLevel will take only positive numbers and work properly. Should you input a negative number, the number will be changed to its positive value as the EA starts.

A new parameter, DISPLAY has been added to control display of the 5MATL signal statuses that are displayed in 5MATL IND. A value of true eliminates and actually requires the removal of 5MATL IND. There is an unresolved display problem between them caused by contention. The display of values requires the chart shift option to be checked using F8 Properties. There is a small triangle at the top of the screen that controls how much free space the chart shift provides. You can move it to maximize the number of Bars to be displayed. Please note that I have a wide screen monitor and have not tested it yet on the square screens. If there is a problem, set Display to false and use the separate 5MATL IND.

There is a cosmetic problem the the arrow display for the middle up % on the summary, the arrow and color are not always displayed.

Tzuman

Files:
5matl_v2a.zip  95 kb
Reason: