Double EMA cross + ATR targets + BB filter - page 2

nylon:
Daniil, I use 96 period to ATR... this way it is not affected for the low volume times, as it will show the ATR for the last 4 days.

Okey, thanks, I will test with ATR=96. And what about multiplier for ATR, what you used for BB filter calculation?

The EA is working well, but shows different results when compared to manual BT.

Unfortunately, manual backtest is usually profitable, than automatic, because we do not notice the unwanted, "bad" positions

Manual BT was made from the attached indicator. Some way, the small MA crosses is different, and I think the problem is in my indi (some repaint??)

I just compared a chart from the tester with your indicator attached. Seems that in several cases you indi places arrow too early (on the bar, where cross occurs). It is unfair, I think

Anyway, with some optimization, I got excelent results to EURJPY 2010/jan ~2010/april.

88% profit trades

4.24 profit factor

1 consecutive loss

Sounds promising... Are you sure that this is not an overfitting?

Now I'll make more BT and, if it is worth, we can add some features to the EA, like allow add entries and Money Management. Thankyou very much! You were very fast, are a great programmer!

Thanks, Nylo. Sure, we can add new features. Also, I can add tomorrow a filtering by RSI.

Daniel.

To avoid the overfitting settings I do tests in other periods of time. That one with 88%, per exemple, did not work so well in the rest of the year, but not losses.

I think a real proof for a EA like this, based in Moving averages, is work on every pairs. Many optimization is needed for that.

The attached pictures shows setting results that works perfectly to EURJPY and very bad to EURUSD... So, it's not just take the more profitable set of a pair and just apply in every pair or the best backtest of every pair apllied in itself... We have to find something that works in any pair and market condition.

Thank you for your effort!

Files:

new verision (with RSI levels)

Hi!

I added filter by RSI.

Files:

Thank you! I'm running the first version in a demo account. Will do some tests with the RSI filter.

Daniil, many of the losses of this system, specially when using low multiplier for Stop Loss and Take Profit, happen when it open a trade after a very big candle.

Can you please add another fiter that avoid to enter a trade if the average range of the last 3 bars is higher than 2 x ATR (initial value, for later optimize)?

Other useful thing is allow the EA to add positions.

Thank you very much man!

Hi, Nylo!

avoid to enter a trade if the average range of the last 3 bars is higher than 2 x ATR (initial value, for later optimize)

What do you mean under "average range of the last 3 bars"? How should I calculate it?

Other useful thing is allow the EA to add positions.

Firstly we should decide, how it will work. In what situations? Do you want to open new positions or add to existing (as I know, not all brokers have this functionality).

Daniil:
Hi, Nylo!

What do you mean under "average range of the last 3 bars"? How should I calculate it?

The intention is to avoid this kind of bar:

see next post...

Maybe the best solution is do not enter when the signal bar has a range higher than, let's say, 2 x ATR (96 period).

When a bar like that comes, generally it is born from news... and we know that is very common a pull-back after that big ones, that can stop us out, as we trade thinking in targets based in ATR.

Firstly we should decide, how it will work. In what situations? Do you want to open new positions or add to existing (as I know, not all brokers have this functionality).

I mean to open new orders, not increase the lot size of the previous opened orders.

Idea for the Money Management feature in the attached spreadsheet (see formulas).

Also attached a template usded for manual trading.

sorry for the bad english spelling.

Bars to avoid

Bars to avoid

[attach]115268[/attach]

Files:

Expert v1.1

Hi, Nylo!

Thanks for collection of documents. It is interesting, but seems that I can try to realize MM at weekend, because I do not have not a lot of time for this on weekdays

And EA with added filtering by bar range is in attachment

PS. You have only ex4-files of those experts?

Files:

Thank you!

Here go the MQ4s I have.

Files:
Reason: