Cross of TEMA and NONLagMA EA - page 8

running this system sub 4hr....

for those who want a nice profitable system leave it at 4hr on EU as it was intended....

however i like to play... as i get the $$$ in my greedy eyes..

testing 6 pairs with lower spreads...

EU

EG

AU

GU

EJ

UCHF

it looks like slower trendy pairs EG EU AU are good on this system anything else needs a lot of tweaking sub 4hr..

i have seriously hacked the code to get it how i want it but am still using tema, nonlagma & ssa.

im going to run EU with various timeframes and settings.... seems that it is just meant to be for EU so cant argue with it...

comments and thoughts appreciated as this one works.

Lower Time Frames

Started it running last night on EU 1H & 4H. So far, no trades on 4H but lots of little losses on 1H, 12 losses at $2.50 or less and no winners. I'm just starting to analyze the reasons for losses and will report tomorrow.

By the way, the color coding for Buys is Red and Sells is Blue. This should be reversed.

Also I am a fanatic about stop losses; believe they must be present to protect against and prevent a catastrophic loss,(power gets lost and your machine is off line for hours at night before you see the problem)

Suggest implementing Trailing stop for all orders and/or add a Turtle Stop, lowest low or highest high of N periods ago.

Cheers!!!

Tzuman:
Started it running last night on EU 1H & 4H. So far, no trades on 4H but lots of little losses on 1H, 12 losses at $2.50 or less and no winners. I'm just starting to analyze the reasons for losses and will report tomorrow.

By the way, the color coding for Buys is Red and Sells is Blue. This should be reversed.

Also I am a fanatic about stop losses; believe they must be present to protect against and prevent a catastrophic loss,(power gets lost and your machine is off line for hours at night before you see the problem)

Suggest implementing Trailing stop for all orders and/or add a Turtle Stop, lowest low or highest high of N periods ago.

Cheers!!!

yep ive changed a lot in the ea to get it how i want it.

your correct about the colours on the chart for the trades.

im trying to work out optimal settings for EU, 5min, 30, 1hr, 4hr - it may be worthwhile doing an MTF version which ill code now.

im using mptm to manage the trade.

andrewsvu:
Did you do the following steps?

1. \experts\indicators\

NonLagMA.ex4

NonLagMA.mq4

#4X 2011 XARD SSA.ex4

#4X 2011 XARD SSA.mq4

2. \experts\library\

SSA.ex4

SSA.mq4

3. Experts EA - \experts\

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.4a.ex4

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.4a.mq4

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.4b.ex4

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.4b.mq4

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.5.ex4

Cross NonLag-Tema with XARD SSA V1.5.mq4

That should be do it! If not, check your experts and journal tabs to see what wrong. Hope it helps.

I appreciate the response, Thank you. it works... this is the image. and it doesn't take trade by itself. pls explain how it works

Files:
aa.gif  28 kb

yullah:
I appreciate the response, Thank you. it works... this is the image. and it doesn't take trade by itself. pls explain how it works

yullah. this ea is still in early doors and is not ready for live trading. if you do not know what you are doing with MT4 do not use it.

you have been warned!

francisfinley:
yullah. this ea is still in early doors and is not ready for live trading. if you do not know what you are doing with MT4 do not use it. you have been warned!

thanks. am using it on demo. just want to get how it works so i can test it too here

yullah:
thanks. am using it on demo. just want to get how it works so i can test it too here

you need to enable experts but trust me you are a long way off as the code needs a few things sorting out.

francisfinley:
you need to enable experts but trust me you are a long way off as the code needs a few things sorting out.

The problem is how can we get the right code, because is like we have different codes talking about. and if we have the right one pls explain how to go about it

Version 1.6

FrancisFinley:

Is your version based on 1.5 which is what I am testing. If you think we could do some joint development, I'm for it. I've written a lot in MT4 and have a good background in programming. I have not changed 1.5 as I am not sure about the protocol and how to integrate dual development. I've got "Beyond Compare" so incorporating other changes is not a great problem.

yullah:
The problem is how can we get the right code, because is like we have different codes talking about. and if we have the right one pls explain how to go about it

im using my own version where i took out several features, changing the way ssa operates etc...

you have to be know your way round metatrader to successfully use an MT4 ea in the longrun.

ea's need a lot of attention so for most its better to be manual

Reason: