Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 9

The Swiss Army EA is to only manage your trades. I use it to set my stoploss automatically, and trail it. And if my trade brings my account size down 5% to close that trade. It doesnt open trades, it just closes them if a trade hits your trail stop.

James the Giant:
I am going to simplify the strategy some more, since I feel some steps in the strategy are unnecessary. I am going to take off the need for CCI 14 to exit the 100 level, and for CCI 8 to exit through zero in the, or the 100 level too. This is because, when ToR shows strong movement across all timeframes, and related currency pairs, and Non Lag MA changes color, a trade must be made, no matter if CCI 8 or 14 exit the 100 level or not. The only CCI level that matters is the zero line on the lower timeframes, since this is how I determine the U.S. dollar strength.

I agree, cause CCI14 and CCI8 showing same thing, EA is setup to only make lets say BUY trade when CCI8 (or any number you set in EA) cross zero line (from bottom to top) and lagMA is green "buy", vice versa for SELL.

James the Giant:
The Swiss Army EA is to only manage your trades. I use it to set my stoploss automatically, and trail it. And if my trade brings my account size down 5% to close that trade. It doesnt open trades, it just closes them if a trade hits your trail stop.

haha...no wonder just now it close all my lose and win trade...

thanks for sharing the trading technique. Hope this time i am able to success in forex. Already lose a lot in forex.. hai....

altoronto:
I agree, cause CCI14 and CCI8 showing same thing, EA is setup to only make lets say BUY trade when CCI8 (or any number you set in EA) cross zero line (from bottom to top) and lagMA is green "buy", vice versa for SELL.

bro altoronto, so the EA will only open trade until the condition that u have mention. Bro, still need to adjust anything to that EA? or just attached to chart and it will work already?

If you stick to this strategy you will get it back wahloi. The market is most predictable when it moves at once because it eliminates individual currency pair unpredictable behavior. When there is a trend, it shows up on all pairs, not just one.

Just stick to 4HR timeframe, and wait for the clear and obvious trades and you will be in profit in no time. Plus make good use of the trail stop. It will protect you from some horrible losses than if you just used a hard stop. And trail the stop from the stop loss, not when in profit.

James the Giant:
If you stick to this strategy you will get it back wahloi. The market is most predictable when it moves at once because it eliminates individual currency pair unpredictable behavior. When there is a trend, it shows up on all pairs, not just one. Just stick to 4HR timeframe, and wait for the clear and obvious trades and you will be in profit in no time. Plus make good use of the trail stop. It will protect you from some horrible losses than if you just used a hard stop. And trail the stop from the stop loss, not when in profit.

Thanks a lot. But do i have to trade so many pair like what u do? can i just focus on GU only?

Well pairs act different from eachother. Gu can reverse very fast for no apparent reason, taking you out of the trade, while the rest of the pairs will keep you in the trade and in profit. I trade every pair so to sustain my mini losses when a freak reversal happens. So even if I lose on GU, like I did in my most recent trade, the rest of the pairs would have moved fine, and so my GU losses are covered by the other pairs.

So I advise to really trade all the pairs to have safety net incase one pair doesn't trade well.

wahloi:
bro altoronto, so the EA will only open trade until the condition that u have mention. Bro, still need to adjust anything to that EA? or just attached to chart and it will work already?

You can adjust StopLoss, Take profit, Trailing stop/step it's up to you whatever works for you .. and of course try it on demo or backtest for a while ..

can anyone teach me how to put an alert when CCI 8 enters or exits 0?

So i dun have to keep on look at the chart....

Thanks

Restate the rules

STG,

Can you restate the rules one more time to be clear. It sounds like you are trading the H4 and waiting for all ToR time frames with CCI 8 to agree up past zero then upon color change to green of LagMA you buy. You use M15, M30 H1 and H4 as your TFs. From an EA programming stand point, look for all CCI8 to be >0 and then trigger the trade with color change on LagMA.

How would you exit this trade?

Currently the EA reflects the current H4 timeframe only. The EA has some potential and I think would take better trades and prevent whipsaw false signals if it checked the MTFs as well.

Reason: