GrailQuestFX - page 5

mandelmus:
It appears that GrailQuestFX trades in micro-lots. Unless you specify otherwise, accounts with FXCM-UK are usually set up to trade in mini-lots. Once your account is set up, you might want to request that they switch your account to trade in micro-lots. In order to do that, FXCM-UK requires that you either have over $10,000 in your account or email them 3 months of statements from another broker where you traded in micro-lots.

It trades in mini-lots (0.1) on the signal account (equity over $10k) if you have less than $10k to trade you will need to use micro-lots, mandelmus thanks for your advice regarding micro lots

cprao:
Ok. I will try. Does your signal support both 4 and 5 digits ?

The signal runs on a 5 digit broker, however if RAS is just opening and closing trades when I do I don't see why it won't work on a 4 digit account, you may want to check with RAS support.

Hi Leeb,

I am very interresting by your signal which shows great results.

Is it possible for you to keep the same lots whatever the bankroll you get ?

It would be much easier for people who wants to trade always the same number of lots.

Cheers

EagleForex:
Hi Leeb,

I am very interresting by your signal which shows great results.

Is it possible for you to keep the same lots whatever the bankroll you get ?

It would be much easier for people who wants to trade always the same number of lots.

Cheers

Hi EagleForex,

I will consider your suggestion and possibly start a new version with fixed lots to give people that option, however I don't feel it is difficult to adjust at the moment following the guidelines I have given.

ouch, ouch leeb ... the last few days were a bit painful

mandelmus:
ouch, ouch leeb ... the last few days were a bit painful

Hi mandelmus, yes the last few days haven't been ideal but closed profit is still over 50% for just over 2 months, not too bad! Every system will have it's ups and downs the only advice I can give is the following:

• Test any system on a demo before going live
  • When starting to trade a new system use a very small lot size initially
  • If you see promise in a system stick with it through the ups and downs
  • Never ever overleverage your lot size

Thanks for your feedback

leeb:
It trades in mini-lots (0.1) on the signal account (equity over $10k) if you have less than $10k to trade you will need to use micro-lots, mandelmus thanks for your advice regarding micro lots

Thank you. Yeah. You are right. They are letting me open UK account but not letting me open micro account yet.

I don't and will not be starting with 10K. I am still trying..

cprao, even if you deposit 10k into that account, you don't have to trade the entire 10k ... use lot size to control your risk. Sometimes, i am able to trade 2-3 systems within a single account by using small lot sizes. Having additional capital in your account will allow your entire account to handle larger draw downs, reducing the risk of a margin call.

The only problem with trading multiple systems in a single account is that it can be more challenging to to extract trading system statistics for each system used. Some sites, like www.myfxbook.com, will allow you to separate system stats by magick number or system ID.

Leeb,

Your equity is getting closed to 20% drawdown now, Do you set to close orders automatically or manually?

jack042:
Leeb, Your equity is getting closed to 20% drawdown now, Do you set to close orders automatically or manually?

Hi Jack042, equity drawdown is currently 14% it will be closed automatically if it hits 20%, still leaving a 30% profit but hope this doesn't happen. The 20% should be a good level which isn't hit too often.

Reason: