Why are traders so mad!!!

True. Picking a random number such as 20 pips each time you trade will get you stopped out and the trade will move on without you. Placing your stops behind support/resistance gives you a better chance when market breathes or tests any support/resistance it just broke.

The trader so mad because they 're loosing money!!!

Igor

"Nel'zya ob'yat' neob'yatnoye"

Koz'ma Prytkov

xx3xxx,

No offence because I only try to help you....

But every posting you make

I don't understand one bit of what you try to explain. You talk in morse in codes in puzzles you use --- and new

lines--

and new alineas ....CAPITAL LETTERS...small letters and with different colours --

etc etc....( PS. this is how you write)

Is it so difficult to explain something like you would talk or like the text in a book or a newspaper ?

Why do you use new alineas where it is not nescessary. Why do you use "--" where it is not nescessary.

You write 1 line and then you jump to a new subject. You are half way what you explain and you use new alineas.

The way you make your postings now, I am sure that 95% of the people does not understand anything of all the postings you have already made

I say this to help you because I am a professional trader for 15 years and every posting I read from you I don't understand jack shit. I am sure that somebody with less knowledge or who arrived here 6 moths ago, has the impression that you write your text in code with the help of an enigma coding machine or in morse.

Friendly regards....iGoR

PS. Look to the first posting. That is an example of plain normal English text that everybody understands. Write your postings in the same way and people will understand you.

PS2. Look to the posting I made bellow. I believe that everybody here on this forum who speaks english can understand that.

LC100,

I would like to give my vision on what you try to explain.

Most people pick out a fixed stoploss because that is the maximum amount that they psychologicly can handle.

Example: A couple of years ago a female member of this forum came to me and asked about a system I introduced.She asks me how big is the stoploss that you use. Before I answered her question I asked her: Why ?...

She answers me: Whatever beautiful result you show me and R/R ratio and low drawdown I could never trade a system that has more then 20pips stoploss. ( ..

That is of course a ridicilous way of looking at trading. Because if a system would go for 200-300pips T/P's you can not expect that you can trade with a 20pip S/L.......

OK that brings me to the following. That a S/L should be dynamic. Meaning: or you trade from last swing high or last swing low and place your S/L above or bellow that point. Or you look for a S/L that looks to the avg daily range you have over the last several days. (I prefer to look over the last 5 days).

I added an image to this posting. The image shows clearly that on the eur/usd there were periods where the avg daily range over a 5 day period was as low as 53!!pips and as highs as 460!!pips. In betweeen I colourd zones that have avg daily ranges that are more "normal" but what is "normal".

You need to understand that every single bar during those extreme's will be in the same relation. Meaning that the average 1 hour bar will be 9 x times bigger when the avg daily range is on 460 compared to a daily range of 53 or that the avg 1Hour bar will be 9x times smaller on the 53 pips daily range compared to the 460 pips daily range.

This has its same effect on every tick or on every top on every bottom etc etc..

Meaning if one would decide to take a 20 pips S/L when the avg. daily range was at 53 that his S/L should be 9x times bigger when he trades with the same system in a 460pip avg daily range. Why ?...because the profits he can make will also be 9x times bigger.

And here it goes wrong. If you say to people that their S/L can be 20 pips they will say: OK. If you say that their S/L could be 180 pips they will say: NO WAY. They refuse to look to the fact that the profits will be in the same way 9x times bigger.

The logic I can give is that the best S/L in patern recognitian is indeed to use the last swing low or last swing high because that is a point that will adapt itself in a dynamic way according the market conditons and volatility.

Or you use in your backtest rules that look to the volatility or daily ranges and they addapt the S/L to that market behaviour. But in the same way as the T/P should addapt itself.

Friendly regards....iGoR

another way

or, you could use some kind of bands.

or, you could decide your tp first, in accordance with your system, and then calculate the sl using some fixed multiplier and the distance between the tp and current price.

Aha! moment

OK that brings me to the following. That a S/L should be dynamic. Meaning: or you trade from last swing high or last swing low and place your S/L above or bellow that point.

Friendly regards....iGoR

Makes good sense especially for trend traders. Moving it as time goes on would also stop me from Taking Profit too quickly. Sounds like common sense now, but I have always done it the mad way, stupidly.

iGoR:
xx3xxx,

No offence because I only try to help you....

let me use physics formula as a metaphor for SL

forex is NOT one school of thought -- gravitational law or einstein law

but newton's apple law == F equal to m X a == call it stupid -- but einstein or Galileo Galilei (Italian pronunciation: [ɡaliˈlɛo ɡaliˈlɛi]; 15 February 1564 won't deny that

===== it may be unclear to some of US (as the states people as part of the USA) the song lyrics --answer is simple, if you have done some traveling, you should have known === I can't be too explicit here -- as it took me long time to have insight into a lot -- it will be difficult for some of the trader with certain establish school of thought on how the world currency works

traders are mad because they are engrossed in greed and fear!

TRADERS ARE MAD BECAUSE NONE OF THIS STUFF WORKS AND YOU ONLY END UP LOSING MONEY!

That is my two cents on the forex subject!

Reason: