Ras id 21858 rocketman - page 14

Issue With B.E. Stop Losses

Hi Rocketman,

I am subscribed to your signals and wanted to advise you of an issue which you may or may not be aware of.

When price retraces to take out Stop Losses that have been moved to Breakeven (or B.E. + 1 or 2 pips) very often the trades are re-opened by Rentasignal for a short period of time ( 3 -5 seconds) and then closed at loss.

So the result is often +1 pip / -6pips.

I understand that this is most likely due to either the trades on your account not having quite hit the S.L. yet or possibly the lag in time to send signals over the internet.

A lot of the slippage is due to the S.L. being too close or on the wrong side of market price - so an Invalid Stops error is given, meaning the trade is closed via the RAS EA signal.

A possible solution may be for RAS to update their copier not to re-open trades when current price is within X (say 5) pips of the S.L. on the order.

I just wanted to make sure you were aware this was happening (quite regularly).

Regards,

Pye.

PyeR2:
Hi Rocketman,

I am subscribed to your signals and wanted to advise you of an issue which you may or may not be aware of.

When price retraces to take out Stop Losses that have been moved to Breakeven (or B.E. + 1 or 2 pips) very often the trades are re-opened by Rentasignal for a short period of time ( 3 -5 seconds) and then closed at loss.

So the result is often +1 pip / -6pips.

I understand that this is most likely due to either the trades on your account not having quite hit the S.L. yet or possibly the lag in time to send signals over the internet.

A lot of the slippage is due to the S.L. being too close or on the wrong side of market price - so an Invalid Stops error is given, meaning the trade is closed via the RAS EA signal.

A possible solution may be for RAS to update their copier not to re-open trades when current price is within X (say 5) pips of the S.L. on the order.

I just wanted to make sure you were aware this was happening (quite regularly).

Regards,

Pye.

I have experienced this as well.

Sorry. but despite the bugs from RAS. It would still be safer to keep the engine to put the stop loss at breakeven +1 or 2. Was this algorithim turned off in the last trades? Was hoping it wasn't turned off since the GBP did that reversal and resulted in that 45 pip loss from the UK Retail sales figures.

mucropteltd:
Sorry. but despite the bugs from RAS. It would still be safer to keep the engine to put the stop loss at breakeven +1 or 2. Was this algorithim turned off in the last trades? Was hoping it wasn't turned off since the GBP did that reversal and resulted in that 45 pip loss from the UK Retail sales figures.

The answer is not to stop putting trades to BE + 1 or 2. A possible solution would be to prevent the RAS EA placing (re-opening) trades where the S.L. on that trade is within a certain number of pips of the market price (say 3 or 5 pips). I doubt there would be any RAS signal providers sending signals with a 3 or 5 pip stop loss. It could be a user defined variable anyway, so other signal providers are not affected if their system uses ultra tight stops losses.

PyeR2:
The answer is not to stop putting trades to BE + 1 or 2. A possible solution would be to prevent the RAS EA placing (re-opening) trades where the S.L. on that trade is within a certain number of pips of the market price (say 3 or 5 pips). I doubt there would be any RAS signal providers sending signals with a 3 or 5 pip stop loss. It could be a user defined variable anyway, so other signal providers are not affected if their system uses ultra tight stops losses.

Some us are running the RAS EA from a Virtual Server and manually changing the stops from our account is always useless. RAS will remodify your stop loss back to the original stop loss placed by the signal provider. This is why its preferable to have the signal provider place the stop loss at a tight spot. The error from RAS only seems to happen once in a while. Better safe than sorry. I've tried multiple times putting in trailing stops (the best invention IMHO) from another client. It never works, the stop loss just moves back to the original stop loss made by signal provider.

I suggest you report the error to RAS so that they will do the necessary bug fixes. RAS has a lot of bugs, not just this one. One of them is also inflating the results of trader's performance for certain pairs, but thats another story.

mucropteltd, yes already reported it to RAS support. No reply from them yet. RAS is big on reporting the number of pips made - in fact the whole internet focuses on pips 'more the better' - which is entirely incorrect. It's easy to make pips and lose money, or lose pips and make money. Trading is a % game. The two single most important numbers I want when evaluating a signal service or EA is the % gain per month and the % drawdown. These are the only two numbers that allow you to compare a 5k accnt to 50k accnt or a 1k accnt. Sifting through RAS signal providers is a nightmare because % gain per month is not available. Also the max graph history is only 3mnths and the plotting is inaccurate anyway. RAS is a fantastic concept, it's unfortunate that it's so difficult to adequately evaluate a signal provider. Every single signal provider should report on mt4i (preferably) or similar. If it weren't for mt4i I would not be subscribed to Rocketman.

is this bot actually MONITORED by a human these days? Its not exactly normal for a system to lose so much so consecutively unless if its a bot

TBT, you still around?

Would You Be Around If You Were Rocketman?

spencer36:
TBT, you still around?

I wouldn't be around either atm if I were Rocketman. 2.5 months & $285 in subscription fees and my account is in the red after today. Partly due to missing a few reasonable winning trades as a RAS EA upgrade crashed my VPS. RAS didn't admit it but I have a friend who experienced the exact same thing - both our VPS's needed to be completely re-installed after a RAS upgrade (mine was 6 weeks old) - but most of the poor performance is attributable to RM. It basically turned to crap the day I joined. Today I lost about 5%. Sure, something Bernanke said probably caused it, but that is trading. The worst thing about this EA is that the risk management is difficult to control properly. You never now what size position(s) it will open or whether it will be 1, 6, 10 or 23 positions and you never know the size of the SL. It can open up to 0.47 of a lot but you don't know how wide the SL will be. I am trading a the recommended conservative settings. If you were to trade with lower leverage than this then the majority of the time you would be trading with nearly nothing. I would prefer it if the position sizes were at least calculated in proportion to the size of the SL.

IMPORTANT....as APRIL 1st 2010, our RAS SIGNAL SERVICE will be rise from $50.00/Monthly to $95.00/Monthly ...which reflect the true value of this system

That was a very big statement and probably a large factor in why RM is laying very low. I would certainly dispute this being the true value of the EA at this point in time. I am trading RM on a 13k account and it is not even paying for itself. Only RAS and Rocketman have made money since I began subscribing. If things don't turn around in the very near future I will be pulling the pin on this venture and so will my buddy. I don't mind paying but it has to be a win win arrangement. The RAS reported performance and mt4i stats whilst being ordinary in recent months, are not entirely indicative of the performance of my account - mine is considerably worse.

tradebabytrade:
IMPORTANT....as APRIL 1st 2010, our RAS SIGNAL SERVICE will be rise from $50.00/Monthly to $95.00/Monthly ...which reflect the true value of this system

Well I just canceled my subscription, how's that for a reflection of the true value!

3 months subscription and a dent in my account. Just typical of 99.9% of the faceless people in this industry that charge heaps and don't deliver.

Reason: