Ras id 21858 rocketman - page 7

tahiti:
I can tell you from personal experience that the answer by TBT to your question Carlos will be no.

Because of the technological issues with RAS in terms of delay and execution etc. I figured that using trade copying software would all-round be a simpler way to achieve something that is being made unnecessarily complicated and technologically error prone in using RAS.

So I contacted TBT and proposed the trade copying setup.

I even offered him a monthly fee AND a percentage of the profit paid weekly each Saturday.

What GENUINE person wouldn't have taken me up on my offer?

He did not understand at first exactly what I meant (or pretended no to) and went along with the proposal asking which software and why I wanted to do it like this and how it would work.

Basically, smoke screen.

When if finally dawned on him that I would be able to see (via investor login) the actual trade history on his Alpari demo account (from which he is supposedly sourcing his Mt4i history), he immediately pulled out without explanation.

What right minded GENUINE person who was going to earn a percentage of profit as well as a fixed monthly subscription would not have taken me up on this offer?

After all, if I use the RAS service, I can still use a trade copier on my account to copy trades to another account, so there is no legitimate concern to be had about distributing the signal.

Answer: Only a scammer probably wouldn't have gone through with this setup.

Therefore my money is on the MT4i results TBT posts being a total fabrication and complete BS.

I recommend that everyone who is paying or intends to pay TBT money demands to first be given the investor login to the account from which the MT4i trade history is allegedly being sourced so they can confirm for themselves that this guy is not just another wannabee BS artist peddling hope to, and scamming, the gullible masses.

When you ask him, tell him he is welcome to change the investor password in 1 hour to make sure he has no reason to refuse on grounds of "security and confidentiality" like scammers do.

If he won't give you 1 hours investor access to confirm the results on MT4i are genuine and not BS, then run a mile.

Stop living in hope everyone, and start demanding evidence from these people. You work hard for your money.

I think you are out of line. No reason at all for you to call him names. There are 4 months of history with this signal at RAS and the clone is only 1 week behind it with good trades too, and typically the clone is a pretty good way to see.

Let the guy focus on his trading, not on every possible customers whim.

This isn't even a scalping signal, so lag isn't quite as important anyway, even though I don't see the lag some of you guys do either.

RAS may not be perfect, but it's not near as bad as you are making it out to be.

iGoR:
Dear ut2DaMAX,

Do you really think that a broker can go a certain direction against the real market just to take out your S/L ??...come on...stay a little bit serious and professional. I see that you are here on this forum since 2006. You must be smarter then that.

So hunting for S/L is an urban legend because where you are kicked out people come in the other direction and the broker does not have any clue where market is going to move to.

Friendly regards....iGoR

All this discussion assumes that your feed is the same as anyone elses. It is theoretically feasible that the feed to you be "customised" to add spikes.

This would, of course make the feed unique to you and would differ from other offerings significantly and should be easy to prove - however, it may be a problem getting ANY sensible discussion with a broker, never mind a considered approach. Thats not saying (some) brokers are not/dishonest and don't go stop-hunting - you have to realise at times of low liquidity its possible for liquidity levels to collapse (especially if the broker has poorer liquidity support) and prices drop by many tens of pips, if not a big figure (to IMMEDIATELY recover). Platform arbitragers will immediately re-close the gap of the Bid/Offer move is not consistent, leading to the perception that your stop has been hunted. This is especially so when price break through major support or resistance. Price spikes at high liquidity times with no technical levels or fundamental news nearby should, however be viewed with suspicion. In addition, the market itself (not the brokers) often goes on a stop hunt

tradebabytrade:
Hi Ianj,

Thanks for sharing ...this look to be a good news! ...this may help ...some traders.The partial lot closing function ...need to work properly ...and ...this will be the biggest challenge. Thanks again to make ...test

TBT

The biggest problem with partial closing is that it destroys the MT trade COMMENT fields and i use that to report on the relative performance of a number of signals/ea operating in a single account. It has also been known for RAS to not properly handle partial closes, but this does seem to be happening less often nowadays.

I haven't done a side by side comparison with the RAS db yet - i might post one here in a few days then everyone can decide for themselves

RAS mis-tracking MANUAL partial closes

mikpom:
Hi Tradebabytrade,

i have your EA running since the beginning of the week and i am really impressed about the way how it enters and manages a single or even a whole bunch of trades.

I am almost ready to let it run over my real account, but will watch it a little while.

Also nice side effect is that i leanr while watching what this smart program is actually doing without emotions and greed. Very good.

Got a question: If i interefere in a trade and close it partially do i then interrupt the whole amintenance of thsi specific trade? As i left o Micro Lot open, down from a 1 Mini Lot, just to see how it will handle the profit taking, but it dod not get closed out while you were closing the position. Checked on the website of rentasignal and saw there was no more open position while my 1 Micor lot was still sitting there.

Anyway, i think it is a excellent piece of work and hope that it will do the trick on my real account as well

Mike

Its more likely that RAS got confused - When the original position was opened it had a comment associating it with the RAS id. When a position is partially close by ras i think it records the remaining position MT id so it knows its association with the RAS id (as the comment is now destroyed) If you partially close a RAS position manually RAS doesn't know about the NEW remaining mt position id and so loses track of that position (it thinks it is completely closed)

So, i would guess that once you MANUALLY partially close a position the remainder is YOURS to HANDLE from now on - RAS will not touch it.

This is only a guess, but i am fairly confident - I am usually quick to complain about RAS, but not in this case - There is little it can do about it

IMPORTANT ...BE CAREFUL .....dont try to be more intelligent ...than RocketMan ...by managing all your open trades ....believe me ....as a creator ....we try this ..before in our LIVE account, and by the time to time, we realize ....the Demo account was doing ....SOoooo MUCH ...better than us ...with our LIVE account. ....again ....this is all about ...EMOTION ....be aware!

Thanks for the wise words adn the encouragement. I just saw a whole bunch of profitbale trades adn some of the already around 100 PIPS. No way that i would leave all of these as a break even, or 2 PIPS, on the table and took off 50% of the trades. Which was very nice.

Keep going

broker

which broker do you use for your system. and what is there minimum acct. opening

Hi Martym,

martym:
which broker do you use for your system.

"As reference, this signal will be provide by a MICRO ALPARI UK account, with a minimal value of 0.01, and, 5 digit feed data.(ex -> 1.62512). Since i can not test my own signal as a buyer, you will need to make your own test for your RAS conversion buyer account."

martym:
and what is there minimum acct. opening

"WINNER ...and LOOSER ...period will happen ...and you will need to learn how to live with it Choosing the right minimum equity, which fit your trading style, is the key to enjoy this strategy

WARNING >>>WARNING>>>WARNING

Minimum Equity for a MICRO account(0.01)

EXTREME-------------> $1000.00 ---expected DD 45% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 200-300%

DANGEROUS---------> $1500.00 ---expected DD 33% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 150-225%

AGGRESSIVE-----------> $2000.00 ---expected DD 23% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 100-150%

MODERATE-----------> $3000.00 ---expected DD 17% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 75-112%

CONSERVATIVE----->$4000.00 ---expected DD 12% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 50-75%"

And ....NANO Account 0.01(IBFX type) ..it could be

EXTREME-------------> $100.00 ---expected DD 45% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 200-300%

DANGEROUS---------> $150.00 ---expected DD 33% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 150-225%

AGGRESSIVE-----------> $200.00 ---expected DD 23% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 100-150%

MODERATE-----------> $300.00 ---expected DD 17% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 75-112%

CONSERVATIVE----->$400.00 ---expected DD 12% ---expected ANNUAL ROI 50-75%

TBT

MID MARCH 2010 RAS REPORT ID 21858

RocketMan | Rent a Signal

TOTAL TRADE: 96 close, 0 open

NET PROFIT: +26.19%($261.95)

DD: 1.05%($10.50)

PROFIT FACTOR: 11.47

ANNUAL ROI: 537.56%

Overall ...my RAS Signal start 2009-11-28 03:35:43

AGAIN ...Have Fun

TbT

mikpom:
IMPORTANT ...BE CAREFUL .....dont try to be more intelligent ...than RocketMan ...by managing all your open trades ....believe me ....as a creator ....we try this ..before in our LIVE account, and by the time to time, we realize ....the Demo account was doing ....SOoooo MUCH ...better than us ...with our LIVE account. ....again ....this is all about ...EMOTION ....be aware!

Thanks for the wise words adn the encouragement. I just saw a whole bunch of profitbale trades adn some of the already around 100 PIPS. No way that i would leave all of these as a break even, or 2 PIPS, on the table and took off 50% of the trades. Which was very nice.

Keep going

Hi Mike,

"I just saw a whole bunch of profitbale trades adn some of the already around 100 PIPS. No way that i would leave all of these as a break even, or 2 PIPS, on the table and took off 50% of the trades"

COOL ... FUN to read ...and ...Thanks ...to share!

This THing(EA) is very complex ....even if all trades start with a 400TP ...some engines ...are optimize to get the best ...of the first 125PIP ...some for the best first 200PIP ...and some for ...MUCH MORE...,

Even if they have been optimize ....individually, they are design to work together. We dont open ..."bunch" of trade ...for no reason...

Mike ....you can play with your trade ..it's OKEY ....we did the same in the pass ...too , but ...you wont get ...those BIG ....NICE ...and ...POSITIVE DIP!!!

And ...we believe ...that ...you need those BIG POSITIVE DIP on your account, because ....when the GBP/USD ...start to behave ...erratically ...for ...week's ...and more ...you will need them...to remember ...how good it was... and ...get your confidence ...back, till the GBP/USD get back on is track, and ...this ...is ...our experience

TBT

Files:
bigdip.png  50 kb

hi

Hi, i have a fxdd live account with 168 usd, do you think i can use this signal provider with 0.01 lots??

Reason: