Requests & Ideas - page 30

Mladen,

all I can say is WOW u are amazing! Thanks so much, truly genius work

Odysseus

mladen,

Your elliot oscillator is awesome, fantastic work! Thanks!

Zipfrog

p.s. I guess I will ask before someone else does if you would add alerts to this indicator?

CFB help

Thanks so much for the impressive work here. I have started to look through the threads and there is so much here that needs to be studied. My first stop was CFB and now I am trying to test some ideas.

I have uploaded a modification of an indicator here which is QQE but with a 20 period WPR with a 5 ema smoothing. The idea was to make it partially adaptive by setting a minimum length and adding the CFB values to that length. I am running it on 10pip constant range bars and it works to a point. I then tried to follow the velocity CFB adaptive to see if a fixed minimum and maximum would work work better by using the average of the range to create the signal line and this is where I ran into problems.

Would it be possible to fix this indicator to work one the same range settings as the velocity CFB adaptive indicator?

Many thanks,

Alex

Files:

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for all your work on indicators.

But I do not understand how I can use the latter describes: Elliott oscillator is to say because the yellow or red bar is constantly moving.

Thank you for your reply

domick

Those bars are indicating 2 things :
current trend (which in my opinion is the most important) by simply watching which is the current trend and deciding according to the values of the oscillator should one enter or not (or close position if the direction changes)

the position of the "extreme" point (hence the moving - since the highest high or lowest low can change and often change when a new wave is entered) it is not a signal - it simply shows on the oscillator that an extreme position (highest high or lowest low) is there

In my opinion, the best way to use it is on a first occurrence of the "colored" bar : that is when the oscillator signals that a new trend is on - when oscillator value exceeds ema value (and I think that zipfrog was referring to that when he was asking for a "alert" - alert when it first shows a new trend). The waves addition (and the extremes position marking with colored bars) are there as a part of waves identification. It is not meant to be a signal (the colored bar) The signal is when a oscillator exceeds ema value in either direction

Hope this clarifies some things about the indicator.

The whole idea was to use Elliot oscillator (which is by it self an independent indicator - without the extreme marking bars) with Advanced get modifications (the ema levels of positive and negative values) and use it to try to identify Elliot waves in some "quantitative" manner (since Elliot waves often seems to be a completely subjective area - as I said in one of my posts, even people making metatrader 5 are telling that their Elliot wave 3 and Elliot wave 5 are just objects drawn by hand)

PS: the whole thing started because of DiNapoli levels. Here is a preview of it :
But I have a lot more to work on it (it is still far from usable version) and as soon as a usable version is ready it will be posted here

regards

Mladen

domick:
Hi Mladen,

Thank you for all your work on indicators.

But I do not understand how I can use the latter describes: Elliott oscillator is to say because the yellow or red bar is constantly moving.

Thank you for your reply
Files:

really excited for more development mladen thank you!

odysseus

mladen:
domick Those bars are indicating 2 things :
current trend (which in my opinion is the most important) by simply watching which is the current trend and deciding according to the values of the oscillator should one enter or not (or close position if the direction changes)

the position of the "extreme" point (hence the moving - since the highest high or lowest low can change and often change when a new wave is entered) it is not a signal - it simply shows on the oscillator that an extreme position (highest high or lowest low) is there

In my opinion, the best way to use it is on a first occurrence of the "colored" bar : that is when the oscillator signals that a new trend is on - when oscillator value exceeds ema value (and I think that zipfrog was referring to that when he was asking for a "alert" - alert when it first shows a new trend). The waves addition (and the extremes position marking with colored bars) are there as a part of waves identification. It is not meant to be a signal (the colored bar) The signal is when a oscillator exceeds ema value in either direction

Hope this clarifies some things about the indicator.

The whole idea was to use Elliot oscillator (which is by it self an independent indicator - without the extreme marking bars) with Advanced get modifications (the ema levels of positive and negative values) and use it to try to identify Elliot waves in some "quantitative" manner (since Elliot waves often seems to be a completely subjective area - as I said in one of my posts, even people making metatrader 5 are telling that their Elliot wave 3 and Elliot wave 5 are just objects drawn by hand)

PS: the whole thing started because of DiNapoli levels. Here is a preview of it :
But I have a lot more to work on it (it is still far from usable version) and as soon as a usable version is ready it will be posted here

regards

Mladen

you must be some kind of genious you always have the best stuff for us

greatly appreciated

Mladen,

Is it possible for you to code CFP indicator with regression lines since CFP indicator has some interesting features compare to raw price https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page19 ? Many thanks.

Files:

Cfb-qqe

Hi mladen,

I managed to get the QQE indicator working the way I wanted but honestly it is not obvious if making the the indicator adaptive via cfb is an improvement. I did an overlay of the Dynamic double zone WPR which has the option of the 5 ema smoothing and things started to get much more interesting. Using the dynamic zone to filter QQE crossovers seemed at first look to have potential.Perhaps looking at the smoothing rather than length would produce more interesting results.

kind regards,

Alex

Alex

In my experience adaptivity shows up only when compared to long periods (that is the reason I once told that averages should not be compared on short periods since adaptive averages are going to give very similar results to any other average and only on longer periods the difference will become obvious) So, if periods used are rather short, the efect is not going to be obvious.

QQE as is is rather a short periods indicator (using long periods for it is not a common practice) and that is probably the reason you did not get obvious changes.

As of dynamic zones : they really are a useful tool for any case when crosses are looked for. The idea of "moving the hill" (zero lines, probability lines) is a very good idea and it is obviously a good idea

regards

Mladen

hughesfleming:
Hi mladen,

I managed to get the QQE indicator working the way I wanted but honestly it is not obvious if making the the indicator adaptive via cfb is an improvement. I did an overlay of the Dynamic double zone WPR which has the option of the 5 ema smoothing and things started to get much more interesting. Using the dynamic zone to filter QQE crossovers seemed at first look to have potential.Perhaps looking at the smoothing rather than length would produce more interesting results.

kind regards,

Alex
Reason: