Helweg/Stendahl value charts ... - page 9

Hi Mladen,

Thank you for the explanation! I have a better understanding now and am able to appreciate the value and benefits of each indicator.

Thanks again for your valuable time and effort!

-spotforex

Hi Mladen,

I tried building an EA with the attached value chart indicator. However, when I attach the EA to the chart, journal keeps showing error message: Value chart & alerts EURUSD,M15: unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

. Can you please fix this ?

This error message only pops up with EA. If I only attach the indicator to a chart for manual trading there's no error message.

Thanks in advance,

pooh

Added one parameter : showBars. If you use it from EA set that parmeter to false and there will be no error message you are getting

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

I tried building an EA with the attached value chart indicator. However, when I attach the EA to the chart, journal keeps showing error message: Value chart & alerts EURUSD,M15: unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

. Can you please fix this ?

This error message only pops up with EA. If I only attach the indicator to a chart for manual trading there's no error message.

Thanks in advance,

pooh

Hi Mladen,

The forEA version works ! There's no error message anymore. Thanks !

pooh

Hello mladen,

Can you add value charts on this 'Range osc with bands' indicator with the ability to change the bars colors?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Regards,

dAb_1493!!

Dab1493:
Hello mladen,

Can you add value charts on this 'Range osc with bands' indicator with the ability to change the bars colors?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Regards,

dAb_1493!!

If there aren't enough drawing buffers for mt4, could you do it for mt5?

Dab1493:
If there aren't enough drawing buffers for mt4, could you do it for mt5?

I wouldn't ask if i didn't see any potential in it. Could you explain if it isn't possible(for such indicator idea to be created)?

dab1493

Helveg Stendhal value chart at a first glance looks like a flattened price chart, but it is anything but that. It is already a indicator that is having a specific way of sampling data and it makes it specific in that matter (if ranges would be applied to that "chart" they would not share the same space at all - just compare the range oscillator values to the main price chart and you will see what I mean) having the 2 at a same space would make the other (mainly value chart) look like a flat line instead of regular chart regardless of the platform it would be made in

Hope this clarifies a bit the application of one to the other. Averages are very good in that sense because they always share the space with the basic values, but oscillators are quite a different story and in a lot of cases )one being this one) it prevents from combining 2 oscillators (one of the 2 being Hevleg Stendhal value chart) into one indicator

Dab1493:
I wouldn't ask if i didn't see any potential in it. Could you explain if it isn't possible(for such indicator idea to be created)?

mladen:
dab1493

Helveg Stendhal value chart at a first glance looks like a flattened price chart, but it is anything but that. It is already a indicator that is having a specific way of sampling data and it makes it specific in that matter (if ranges would be applied to that "chart" they would not share the same space at all - just compare the range oscillator values to the main price chart and you will see what I mean) having the 2 at a same space would make the other (mainly value chart) look like a flat line instead of regular chart regardless of the platform it would be made in

Hope this clarifies a bit the application of one to the other. Averages are very good in that sense because they always share the space with the basic values, but oscillators are quite a different story and in a lot of cases )one being this one) it prevents from combining 2 oscillators (one of the 2 being Hevleg Stendhal value chart) into one indicator

Thank you for the reply mladen!!

mladen:
No problem. Here you go

regards

Mladen

Hi,

I have this indi for TS but sadly don't have the floating bands (they are a great addition) - does anyone know if a TS version (with bands) is available anywhere or perhaps know anyone who may be willing to add the code ? ....

Regards

TKE

Reason: