Helweg/Stendahl value charts ... - page 10

TKE

As far as tradestation version is concerned something very similar can be found here : Helveg-Stendhal value chart

tke1:
Hi,

I have this indi for TS but sadly don't have the floating bands (they are a great addition) - does anyone know if a TS version (with bands) is available anywhere or perhaps know anyone who may be willing to add the code ? ....

Regards

TKE

mladen:
TKE As far as tradestation version is concerned something very similar can be found here : Helveg-Stendhal value chart

Hi mladen,

Many thanks for the link - they seem to sell a lot of whats on offer here - however they must be OK if you are posting the link....

Regards,

TKE

Helweg/Stendahl Value Charts

This question may show my ignorance for what it is but I will ask it anyway.

How do Helweg/Stendahl Value Charts compare to on chart market profiles? Both show fair value. And both show when market price is overvalued or undervalued? Is the Price action profile (explained in their book) the same as a market profile & the value chart is taking the whole thing one step further?

Spurious

Completely different approach and different math (mainly in the way how data is sampled)

Spurious:
This question may show my ignorance for what it is but I will ask it anyway. How do Helweg/Stendahl Value Charts compare to on chart market profiles? Both show fair value. And both show when market price is overvalued or undervalued? Is the Price action profile (explained in their book) the same as a market profile & the value chart is taking the whole thing one step further?

Market Action Profile

Hi Spurious,

Value charts at it's heart consists of a 5 period sample distribution after being volatility adjusted via 3 simple equation formulaes. Market Profile Action consists of checking the population distribution of yr currency via value chart methodology of calculating your current distribution values.

What can be seen for sure is that the VC method does give close approximations of the distribution. But the true correct statistical method of using VC should not be standalone but adjusted according to Market Action Profile, as the data population distribution may not actually be close to a Gaussian/normal distribution.

An alternative but equally good methodology of using VC without combination usage with MAP is via the dynamic zone version of VC as it takes recent VC price distributions into account, which in a way approximates the extreme standard deviation parts of the VC population distribution for a local solution instead.

However, regardless of whichever VC alternate methodology that you use in combination, care must be taken to note that overbought/oversold signals can contain both trend and local extreme points. Further careful parameter fine-tuning or trend indicators is might be able to reduce wrong signals.

The VC methodology is frankly very good, but as with all statistical systems, there are other downsides which i shall not comment here.

Many thanks to Mladen for creating this indicator and Newdigital for suggesting possible ways to use it.

Yours sincerely,

wintersky

mladen:
The book itself

Can not upload it here, so this is a rs link : RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

regards

mladen

Hi mladen, unfortunately the link is not working anymore. Could you reload the book at another file hoster ?

Boxter,

Try this link : Dynamic Trading Indicators

Or go to this page (it is in Russian) and try downloading it wrom the links posted there : Dynamic trading indicators thread(click on "прикреплённые файлы" to get the download started)

Boxter:
Hi mladen, unfortunately the link is not working anymore. Could you reload the book at another file hoster ?

Thanks mrtools, this worked ! The Russian links of mladen didn't work. Thanks for your support.

This thread seems to have died as it seems just about everyone is using it primarily for scalping, which isnt the only possible use as mentioned by the VC authors. So i'll just add some ideas in to kickstart more exploration perhaps.

In the book, the authors have suggested using this for statistical analysis via a de-volatised format to reveal price movements via constructing a Market Action Profile. However, a good way of complementation if used on M15 charts or higher might be to adapt to half the dominant cycle along with 1 or 2 noise filters. Another possible addition might be to add in volatility type indicators. While this might sound contradictory since VC's main purpose is to find out the de-volatised movements, VC itself does not track the presence of sufficient volatility, but only a more effective directional signal.

The Dynamic Zone format applied here gives a new twist by incorporating recent price distribution, but the drawbacks of using price distribution is that it is assumed that past price distribution via the DZLookback bars will hold true for the current distribution.

Just wondering theoretically if there could be a better format for this indicator.

Reason: