TickScalper EA - page 45

jackjones:
My gbyjpy is still going on the newsfilter version using mode 10 (no martingale) I am also checking monthly vol levels and putting it on low vol pairs.

I looked at my trades - I think that my gbpjpy super save settings will survive - it is -175 dollars floating drawdown for now so everything will be xlosed in profit I think.

I have an idea.

As this gbnpjpy had max lot size 0.08 since 2010 and for now only 5 - it may be good to create some options: if the trades is going to the next after 0.08 (selectable) - all the trades will be closed.

In this case - we will never have 5 lot size.

One the demo where I have gbpjpy setup as 'safe' it looks like it will take a big loss if it hits 118.70 or so. Other pairs are going ok.

I just closed all the trades for GBPJPY manually with 1,500 dollars profit. Because lot size = 5 is too much for me sorry. So, this pair is continuing trading.

I had it running on a gbyjpy and eurgbp and the gbpjpy was stopped out today. It cleared abouts a weeks worth of profit on two trades but for some reason that EA had been trading lots up to .08... I have another 3.5 version which seems to stick to the .01 .02 lot sizes so hopefully without martingale on it it will handle one or two stops being hit, plus its not trading gbpjpy.

Do you know what pairs this scalper handles best? I mean it the big one way movements that might kill it so perhaps it should only be trading low vol / sideways markets... how best to manage ? hmm

I've also noticed 3.44 seems to leave one or two trades in profit and never closes them. I have seen it run 100+ pips without taking profit. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but I have been manually putting stop in at BE when it does. Has only happened 3 times in a week so far. I have not seen version 3.5 do this.

I is closing in profit. I just closed it because lot size = 5 is too big for me.

The best pairs? I am uploading visual statements of them so they may be consider as the best ones (of course, there are some pairs which are not profitable with this EA so I am not posting them here).

I think - EURGBP is still the best for more safe settings. GBPJPY - for super safe settings.

But you know ... once in 1 or 2 years - we will have some big sudden movement of the price and EA is "going to out". So, it may be make some improvements (especially for GBPJPY) - to add some options:

- UseMaxLottoCloseAll = false or true

if true so

MaxLot = 0.08 (for example)

means: if we will have lot size 0.08 (for example) so all the trades will be closed autpmatically for this pair if EA will try to open next trade with more highier lot size.

In this case - we will save our deposit from such the cases which we had for EURGBP (more safe settings) and for GBPJPY (super more safe settings).

I am talking about version #3.44 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Just an idea.

Some ideas after seen the behavior of tickscalper:

I had many instances of tickscapler on the same broker started each instance at a different time so as a result they traded differently. One got big loss demo money I did not manually interfere. But on two occasions that I happen to view my balance I had profit 450 Euros plus. What I want to say is that after some Orders martigaling the ea can have a strategy to break even less than TP, some profitable pips. Better than losses and can continue scalping in Trend again. Marigale also waists time waiting for market to return to your favor. They are many times that market gives us the opportunity to break even while it goes against us. It can be done with lock profit plus trailing stop when ever the opportunity arises on the way to a market against us.

This and maybe all eas are sensitive to brokers spreads, feed, volatility, etc… So we will have bad trades. Marigale + conditional break even while on martigale state may make it more profitable.

So this ea from scalprer + martigale could be scalper+martigale+breakeven if orders is > than BreakEvenLevel

Just an idea to add to this tickscalper

Wish List for tickscalper

Scalper part to be extended with lock profits at TP and if there is trend to follow trend until the end.Can be with TS or with signal from tickscalper custom indicators. I have seen some very good trends with capacity to give a lot of pips and currently TP exits before the end of trend. So Scalper can became Trend follower if there is a trend. Two strategies. That is for the part of trades going with market.

Martingale is used for correcting bad trades so if we add BreakEven strategy after a number of MaxOrders to try to get into break even that will reduce the risk of having large DD and minimize losses or even having some pips profit. This is the part when trades are against the market. We can use part of the code of trend to find end of retrace trend for maximum BreakEven.

ND and I and maybe more had the opportunity to close the positions in profit so this could be possible to implement with out manual intervention via the ea it self.

ND solution is fine but you will end in losses and no attempt to break even which is nice to have. If this losses happen twice or more then the account is blowup.

So it could be Scalper+TrendFollowing+Martingale+BreakEven four strategies triggered on market conditions. Two for the good rades two for the runaways, badtrades.

Brokers feeds will eventually get you to open a trade on the wrong side. This will happen again and again.

Some ideas, any suggestions? Thanks

Thank you all for your testing, just want to inform that am working on the different problems everyone is having and also Newdigital's idea of close on max lot size, right now am working on rearranging the code to make it easier for me to understand then will start on everything else after that. Hoping to have it ready soon. Any more ideas are always welcome if i can do it will add it to this Ea.

I'm happy with the version I have but sometimes I wish it would show on screen that the EA looking for trades in the current time frame. My broker is GMT-6 and I'm sometimes not sure of the trading time frame is incorrect (because the monday start time and friday end times , start hour and close hour are all variable... etc some seem to over lap, which one controls what exactly I'm still not sure, I just have them all as 0 lately) or if there are no valid trades on that pair.

So in short in the Time Current on screen section it would be nice to know if the EAs time settings are such that the EA is looking for trades. if not it would say 'out of EA trade hours' otherwise 'Time frame active, looking for trade' ,... or something.

Thanks

Hi nc! and jackjones,

Thanks for the ideas.

As I know - MrTools are coding some improvement and some improved version will be uploaded when ready.

Reason: