TMA&Cycles - page 5

Nice work tools

Just "trimming down" this one a bit (so it does not calculate all the bars for every tick)

mrtools:
Bands controlled by Cycle Period, tried TMA but wasn't working right so went with SSA, also using an ATR t3 version the T3 is controlled by Cycle Period, its also working on Renko Bars, you can adjust the cycle by adjusting time factor setting, on picture using timefactor = 1 for chart time and if i'm on h4 and want cycles for D1 change time factor to 6 for 24 hr., the cycle period is divided by 2 internally and then multiplied by time factor. Look good on the chart almost same as manually adjusting the bands.Hopefully get one of our master coders to possibly make a lighter version.
Files:

Thanks and Thanks

Thanks..we are here

Tools and mladen:

Thanks for the indicators and the mod,I am testing them on m2 charts,and looks like they give approximately the same feel as m3,m2 mtfing,not exactly,but good for trading.

Today,no trades for me,the market didn`t conform to my view until an hour ago or so,anyway,tomorrow is NFP,and I wanted just to post my view here:

My View:See the pic,look at the rectangles with the arrows,and then remember those comparison charts that said..."We are here"...yes,we are,but inverted,so,I expect an upmove starting within the next 3 to 5 bars ,and at the price area indicated,which,I acknowledge it,is wide..but,at this moment I can only write that either at NFP or before(which I doubt,but ,statistically,it is probable) I expect a probable bottom...Tomorrow`s pivots will help us a lot in framing the area...A close below the lower inner band too.

mladen:I like your SSA,and I love your TMA Bands ...any chance to do a "projecting mod" of them?I know you are extremely busy(descansa,descansa ),so,just think about it when you have time.

Regards

S

Files:
campc14.gif  37 kb

Gbpjpy long

Today is NFP day,so,I planned to just trade the morning ranges before the news,but,additionally,I have started building a long position in GBPJPY..The rationale is clear,price has been rejected by the M3 band(blue) and weekly s1,and it has rebounded on the daily S2 after nearly touching the M2 band(red).

I have put into the market a buy limit order at the daily s3,until this order is fulfilled,completing my position,or until the NFP volatility has settled,I won`t use stops nor targets.

Regards

S

Files:
campc15.gif  39 kb
campc16.gif  40 kb

Close orders

I will close both orders,one at breakeven,and the other one with + 150 pips,rounded,it has been a very tough day,profitable but very,very tough....

My "view" for Monday...for GJ,AJ...I plan to be a buyer ,so,I will check for buying spots,if any...for Cable,I am not so sure.

See pic.

Regards,and have a nice week end.

S

Files:
campc17_1.gif  39 kb

Hello everyone,

Am still learning what rules to use for this system, but what I see is that the indicator considerably repaints??

gives this not A incorrect picture?

NiCForce

Simba,

Thanks for the great thread (and for mentioning the elite section to me). There are many fantastic ideas there. Looking forward to contributing what will hopefully be useful ideas/thoughts.

Best,

cl

SIMBA:
I will close both orders,one at breakeven,and the other one with + 150 pips,rounded,it has been a very tough day,profitable but very,very tough....

My "view" for Monday...for GJ,AJ...I plan to be a buyer ,so,I will check for buying spots,if any...for Cable,I am not so sure.

See pic.

Regards,and have a nice week end.

S

Probability enhancer

NiCForce:
Hello everyone,

Am still learning what rules to use for this system, but what I see is that the indicator considerably repaints??

NiCForce

NiCForce

No,it doesn`t repaint.

Yes,the indicator recalculates,because the market is recalculating itself at any new tick.

That doesn`t give you an incorrect picture,actually,it is giving you the best picture it can give you at any moment short of having a crystall ball,with this picture,for example,let`s presume price has closed below a band and then next bar it closes above it and above the previous bar high..This is a price action signal,with very good probability of success for getting at least 1 or 1.5 ATR out of that particular trade and ,more important,with very low risk.

Let`s presume you had the same price action signal,or macd divergence,or stochastic crossover...if that happened while price was in the middle of the bands,IMHO,the signal would have a much lower probability of success.

So,think about it and try to change your focus from..."wow,looking at the chart,seems that every time price touches a band it rebounds" aka Holy Grail Thinking..to "ok,I got a good PA,Oscillator signal,Pivot rejection,etc,etc,whatever signal..AND,It happened while/after price penetrated a band..SO I have good probabilities for the trade to be profitable with low risk"

That`s all...Think about the TMA Bands as probability enhancers....and they are one of the best probability enhancers you can find,BECAUSE at every bar close, they are giving the perfect "noise free picture" of what IS happening.

Hope this helped and,please,be so kind to post your doubts,trades,demotrades ,etc and we can comment on them.

TO CLAHN:Thanks and good to see you here,I am sure your posts will be a help for everybody...If you didn`t find it,just google "channalyzer"..read the method and ,above all,keep the concept of nesting cycles.

Regards

S

Thank you for sharing this information with us Simba.

All this is fascinating.

For some time I am documenting cycles and I'm trying to understand but your posts are always very informative, thank you again.

Regards

NiCForce,

I am taking a liberty to answer your question, hope you won't mind

Let make a distinction as of what "repainting" is and what is not (and I will give you an example) :
we usually use the "repaints" term for wrongly coded indicators : indicators that change previous values because they "think" that they are using past data when using future data (solar wind in all its reincarnations, for example), when they use multiple colors and than change colors backwards because of coding errors, and so on...

the term recalculating is something completely different (even if that term is misleading since it is a normal "calculation" and not "re-calculation") : there are a lot of indicators which, by their nature, must recalculate values. Centered MAs and SSA are some of those - it is their nature, and they can not be made differently

Now, are they less useful because of that : I will avoid answering that question but will let you use indicators from the attachment : it is a Hodrick-Prescott filter and it is also "recalculating". What I would also like to do is to draw your attention to a wiki page where it is described (here : Hodrick-Prescott filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and to a fact that is written at 4th line of that article : "and recent Nobel Prize winner Edward C. Prescott.[1]" He got it, among other things, for his work on this filter

All these are actually dealing in probability of an event and that is what simba is doing here : using probability shown by these indicators in his/our advantage. Of course that sometimes there will be "wrong calls" but that is what probability is all about : probable not certain (otherwise it would be a holly grail)

regards

mladen

NiCForce:
Hello everyone,

NiCForce
Reason: