Files:
audusd_d1.gif  21 kb

Faust:
Time for shorts?

Yes its sure looking that way.

Files:
h4h1agree.gif  95 kb

cycles

Someone using iregr. bands with another envelope inside looks interesting can download system from here Novus Orsa FAQ

Files:
psycho.gif  122 kb

tma ray

Tma ray if using more than 1 Tma need to change id so all of them are different id's on chart on this chart default id's = 11,22 and on magenta tma changed id's to 111 and 222.

cycling

Cycle within cycle within cycle with 2 out of 3 going down possibly last time this run, or guess should say longer term cycle.

Files:
cycling.gif  136 kb

TMA et al

Hi and a very large thankyou to Simba and all contributors to this thread. I have been searching for ways to better understand the use of cycles in trading since using Hurst bands trading stocks using Metastock some years ago.

Having read and reread threads such as digital filters and some other interesting threads I love the applied trading nature of the TMA thread.

I have a couple of esoteric questions that have come up in thinking of cycles that I am sure have been considered but I cannot find reference to. Any comments, thoughts would be appreciated.

1. Has any work been done on the price range of cycles. Eg major cycle 600 pips minor cycle 200 pips. It seems to me that just as there are time based cycles their are also major and minor magnitude cycles that could be used in trading and also minor cycles within major cycles. I note the ABCD swing approach but I am thinking broader than this.

2. I notice that forex traders tend to use fibonacci primarily for price. Has any work been done to incorporate Fib or gann into these time cycles?.

Combining time and price may be a very constructive approach to shorter term projections.

Again thanks for the highly constructive and intelligent approach of this thread

Kind regards

Peter

Adr Tma w Ray

Still fiddling with the bands now this version using adr instead of atr for calculations, not sure why but seem smoother but will see also added the ray future extension, if you don't want to use the rays keep all the id's the same, if you want the rays need a different id for each ray.

Thanks Tools, very nice. Have ben messing with tma for a long while now, including renko charts with tma etc.... getting close with a tma long term mix, will post at the end of the week if it works well

had 3 weeks of crazy profit until the crosses tanked last week so adjusted the tma for that. Will share if it works well now.

TriangularMA_adr_ centered bands_ray alerts

mrtools:
Still fiddling with the bands now this version using adr instead of atr for calculations, not sure why but seem smoother but will see also added the ray future extension, if you don't want to use the rays keep all the id's the same, if you want the rays need a different id for each ray.

so how do u trade with this indicator?

thanks

mike78:
so how do u trade with this indicator? thanks

I set them up as described in this thread and wait for breakout of upper or lower band then with other confirmation will take trade in opposite direction of breakout. The ray kinda gives you indication of where Hurst like crossing may be getting ready to happen.

Reason: