Market Statistics (Volume Histogram, VWAP with SD bands) - page 8

it is flood,- pls, don't offend ppl intelligence (quote)

enough bulsht

xx3xxx:
we are very visual people, does it mean aqua blue line -- above the red line, we should SELL , what is the meaning of the vertical bell shape statistical chart -- on the LEFT thanks -- do you have a PM or email that we can contact you (your PM with other members is disabled in this forum -- see )

You can contact me from akifusenet AT gmail.com (It is in the source code ) But I can read those mails only at home.

Akif,

Limz,

It was not for you, I did not quote the idiot because there's enough crap in this thread as it is for people to read.

You were most likely posting the same time as I was.

Cheers,

PS. Pava your imaginary friends are all you need.

Please

Just want to remind everybody "the ignore rule".

Please...

Akif,

Thats alright then

Walander,

I thought I was going to have to break out my nuclear missiles and unleash some devestation... No worries, standing down from defcon

I dont mean to discourage, nor do I deny the importance of the volume concept.But here is an interesting discussion about the volume from elitetrader: Forums - Volume analysis is to be discarded as it is "too much information"

Price can move up with little or no volume. Price can move down with little or no volume. Price can move up with a lot of volume. Price can move down with a lot of volume. Price can move up with average volume. Price can move down with average volume. Price can move up with a little above average volume. Price can move down with a little above average volume. Price can move up with a little below average volume. Price can move down with a little below average volume. Price can move up with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can move down with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can remain unchanged with little or no volume. Price can remain unchanged with a lot of volume. Price can remain unchanged with average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little above average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little below average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can -----

Doesn't really use volume like that

Mystified,

Volume in Market Statistics and Market profile is used in a different way. Volume is typically used over linear time to show immediate market participants (VSA), however MS and MP use volume over price and this shows us the overall areas of likely supply and demand and doesn't care about when the prices were reached, only that they had been reached. Every time a price is reached it adds to the tally for that price. The end result shows the accumulation and distribution of price and market participants (buyers and sellers).

In short, the author of your post is typically looking at volume over linear time rather than volume over price (in actual fact its volume over price over non-linear time).

i would recommend you to read tom williams' "master the markets" - a very good book wrote by a former institutional trader.

mystified:
I dont mean to discourage, nor do I deny the importance of the volume concept.But here is an interesting discussion about the volume from elitetrader: Forums - Volume analysis is to be discarded as it is "too much information" Price can move up with little or no volume. Price can move down with little or no volume. Price can move up with a lot of volume. Price can move down with a lot of volume. Price can move up with average volume. Price can move down with average volume. Price can move up with a little above average volume. Price can move down with a little above average volume. Price can move up with a little below average volume. Price can move down with a little below average volume. Price can move up with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can move down with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can remain unchanged with little or no volume. Price can remain unchanged with a lot of volume. Price can remain unchanged with average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little above average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little below average volume. Price can remain unchanged with a little less than a lot of volume. Price can -----

Fun fact 205/b

Here is a fun fact for you...

You do realise that the powers that be wanted to change the word Wanker to Walander, but low and behold the word Wanker turns out to be less offensive.

Who would have guessed...Have a nice weekend everyone

Xard777

xard777:
Here is a fun fact for you...

You do realise that the powers that be wanted to change the word Wanker to Walander, but low and behold the word Wanker turns out to be less offensive.

Who would have guessed...Have a nice weekend everyone

Xard777

you read web bot predictions too?...so sorry wall under doesn't...

Reason: