LowVolatility - RAS ID 1120

Hey all,

I figured I'd start a thread about the signals I'm providing in case anyone has any questions.

Description: These signals occur most in times of low volatility on the following pairs: EUR/USD, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, trading with a lot size of .5-1.0. It tends to capitalize on small movements in the market during mid-day hours, not so much at hours when the markets are opening or closing. It places T/P based on an indicator showing supports with a T/P of 12 pips each time. As you'll notice, the S/L is rather far from the Open Price - this is deliberate, however I am currently looking into tightening that up, however as of yet in the 2 weeks it's been running, it's yet to take a losing trade.

Test on a demo account first, and if you like the results move to a real account. Also, if it looks too risky to you, feel free to use the multiplier in the RAS EA and set it to a lower value.

Orders will be opened 24 hours a day with an average of 10-100 orders per week.

It may also be helpful to know that these signals will not hedge.

Hey SirTrev,

good to have you here at forex-tsd.com.

My first question:

The stop of your two running orders is quite high (1080 Pips).

Are you serious or is it a mistake and you wanted to set 80 Pips?

Hey Rabbit,

Thanks for the welcome - Yes, the stop losses are quite high as I eluded to in my preliminary description - I'm working on fixing that to display the true S/L, as the EA will close an order at 150 pips down, however the actual S/L as shown on MT4 shows a 1080 pip S/L (4 & 5 digit pricing).

** I've also just learned I can offer free monthly VPS to any user who subscribes and uses my signals.

Thank you for that offer. I still trade via VPS. This is the only way to trade with minimum delay (wow a rhyme).

How long have you been live-testing your strategie? The risk per Trade is crazy. It took 94 Trades to get 733 Pips, but it could only take 5 Stop-Loss-Trades to destroy that Profit.

Is it really necessary to have such a big SL? Maybe you already checked that, but would it be an alternative to stop earlier and re-enter the trade at the next support/resistance?

SirTrev:
** I've also just learned I can offer free monthly VPS to any user who subscribes and uses my signals.

Could you tell me more, so that I can check out the spec of the VPS.

PM if you don't want to publicise the details.

Hey SirTrev,

GBP/JPY has power to climp up more and more since Asian Session. Will you really hold our short until 163,630 ?

Or do you stop trades manually if the direction is wrong?

hi

SirTrev:

I think that you should use a signal monitor & not a VPS...if we are talking on signals...

Hey rabbit, sorry for the delay - It is very true that the GBP/JPY pair is a volatile pair and has potential to climb drastically however, with a T/P of just 12 pips I assume it to be a safe trade to enter, I assume you're speaking of this trade: S/L T/P Open Closed@ Profit (dollars)

S-GBPJPY-2009-07-28 163.63 155.71 155.83 155.71 127.11 +12 pips

So yes, I'll agree that trades can be risky (really, there's no such thing as a safe trade in Forex), and you asked if I would manually stop a trade if it were going in the wrong direction, and I would, however with a S/L of 120 pips it may reach the S/L before I could/would close it.

It's also true that one -120 pip trade would negate 10 of the positive 12 pip trades (depending on the lot size) which certainly is a set back, however since July 9th, it has yet to take a negative trade (*knock on wood*) so I like to think it's intelligent, it's not going to enter a bad trade - but the reality is it may enter a bad trade some day and it may negate 10 good trades, I certainly hope not, but it may..

And I too have tried to send multiple PMs...but cannot, your guess is as good as mine rabbit.

And Hi MT4free, thanks for the input, I'm not advocating the use of any specific software, I had just been approached by a company offering VPS and let me know they would offer it for free to users of my signals.

Hope that answers some or your questions rabbit, and if you have any more, feel free to post them here.

Hey Trev, thanks for the Reply. Thought you were lost in Forex-Space.

I know a Stop has to be set, and if it is 120 Pips, ok and if it has to be 1000, ok.

The maximum Stop is really important for us for the "buyer_lots_multiplier".

- If you have a maximum Stop of 120 Pips, I would chose 0,5 Lots per Trade.

- If the maximum Stop is 1.000 Pips, I have to use 0,05 - 0,10 Lots.

You know what I mean?

Reason: