Eurusd/gbpusd - page 208

Gazmeistergeneral:
take a look at this - missed it at the time as no zup on 5min tf - zup pattern at same time as decent pos divergence on trix and macd histo....setups like this are good for a nice few pips. I would have liked it to be near a pivot tho (support) as that would have given even more confidence.

Oh okay. So you're referring to a short.

firscall:
Oh okay. So you're referring to a short.

the chart I posted was for long GU (at the time of the zup signal)...

haven't really got an opinion at all on EU except that I think 4373 is a big bull/bear battle ground in the near term.

Gaz

firscall:
It just looks like it's going to tank to me.

I'm allowing what I think to dictate whether I pull the trigger...I need to get back on point as I'm missing out on pips...clear my head and pull the trigger!

firscall:
I'm allowing what I think to dictate whether I pull the trigger...I need to get back on point as I'm missing out on pips...clear my head and pull the trigger!

your mantra today - no signal, no trade!!!!

Broker Comment

Main Points

EURUSD: Moves above the 1.4305-1.4340 pivot. This region is acting as good support, as long as it continues to do so 1.4650 is possible as wave-5.

EUR Index: Following on from last week, the broader EUR picture continues to look poor. The EUR Index posted a bearish weekly reversal last week.

GBPUSD: 1.70-1.73 has historically been a major pivot. The weekly close will be particularly important, anything "around 1.68" will cause a hammer to be posted. Seen at numerous prior peaks.

GBPUSD at 1.70/S&P at 1,000: This also coincided in '03. The S&P went sideways for three months. GBPUSD corrected 13 big figures lower.

S&P at 1,000 in '03: The last time the S&P recovered to 1,000 following a big down move was June '03. The S&P went sideways, U.S. yields and the USD moved sharply higher, oil consolidated.

Gazmeistergeneral:
the chart I posted was for long GU (at the time of the zup signal)...

haven't really got an opinion at all on EU except that I think 4373 is a big bull/bear battle ground in the near term.

Gaz

Sorry. I'll clarify, I expect the GU and EU to go down although I favour the EU to go down more.

I think the battle at 4373 is being won by the shorters at the moment. But that could change quite easily. Price action seems nicely capped by a TL from the high on the 5th. Quick and dirty analysis due to laggy computer.

Gazmeistergeneral:
your mantra today - no signal, no trade!!!!

Absolutely but I need to pull the trigger if there is a signal. I'm mean my risk is very small so what the hell.

Looks as though the market has gone to sleep pre NFP.

firscall:
Looks as though the market has gone to sleep pre NFP.

yep agreed

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
yep agreed Gaz

AVI, you down the beach again?

Gaz

Reason: