Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1683

NFP day Usually I would say that we can expect better volume and volatility, but after yesterday I am not so sure

eurofreek:
NFP day Usually I would say that we can expect better volume and volatility, but after yesterday I am not so sure

There will be some changes, but much more because of the profit collecting than because of the NFP. Remember that in cases like this a good % of traders is hit

Resistance is holding for now (which is logical after a stormy day like yesterday). Obviously some profit taking is taking place and some hope traders that think that this is a bottom are taking new positions. Trend remains bearish. Depending on US data (and political news) we shall see what will happen to the resistance, but the chances that it is going to be broken today are not to big

Files:
eurusd_8.gif  71 kb

So much about retracment - now waiting for US data and NFP

It gonna be down as i thing for the eurusd today too.

Well, yesterday's drop in the EUR/USD chart was very dramatic to watch. I had my suspicions but I didn't expect it'd fall this much. I think it's headed for 1.2700 now but we might see some correction on the way.

NFP day. Forecast number set to optimistic. Don't be surprised if the correction continues. And don't forget that NFP days are almost always whipsawing

searchingFX:
NFP day. Forecast number set to optimistic. Don't be surprised if the correction continues. And don't forget that NFP days are almost always whipsawing

Could tell that I told so, but it was easier than usual. Projected (expected) NFP was way too optimistic for what is going on. And with Euro just made a fresh year low, whipsaw was a must. Nobody wants to take a long term long position on a currency that is falling down like a rock.

Correction is logical too : Friday profit taking + algo scalping that is using the expected profit taking. There also chances that we see a double top today

Next week will show us much more

Back to "good old" days : NFP day, 60 pips range and now it is going to finish on day open. All thanks to yet another political news

Now we have t wait one more month to see if Mario starts with the "QE in disguise". In october we shall have one more similar day like yesterday

Reason: