Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 32

ChicagoRob:
Great work, chartwalker. That's about the best equity curve I've ever seen. Rob

Thank you Sir ~

Looks like 2-5+ hours a day working on this is paying off...

And I just ran the one backtest with a setting I thought would work.. ha ha ~

I wonder if that could be tweaked yet?!~

Soon I'll be done with the 5 min scans and posting all the results WITH the EA's all set to go, "turn-key". From low risk low DD to the more aggressive ones, and I'll have to add in that 15 min EA too.

Then let everyone run them live and we'll fine tune them and see which one/s work the best, Then we'll start testing to see which broker it works best with.

I had a thought of how to diversify on just one pair. How about 2, 5min settings? One safe and one set more aggressive, then do the same with the 15 min. So you would be spread out over 4 systems...

"?" -thoughts?

Well....

Back to the lab I go

Chart ~

hello chartwalker:

thanks your hard work on 5 min.I want to forward test,could you post the 5 min mq4 file that you are using now,thanks.

15 Min EA Blessing

Hey peeps ~

Here's the 15 Min EA settings that produced that graph above. I DIDN'T have time to tweak on it, but no doubt it is a final version that may just need a couple tweaks, or maybe not...

It boasts a 13.5% Max DD so the FLOAT PERCENT is set at 15%

We "might" have to go a hair higher, or maybe not after tweaking. If it hits the 15% that would be a trigger that something is up! Why set the float percent too high and just throw away money right?

"Enjoy"

Chart ~

ps, yeah 5 min one is coming next...

5Min EUR/CHF "smooth" setting

This one has a nice steady climb in the profit graph, Net: $5,637 and a

Max DD: 8.48% (6 mo) so I set the Float Percent at 10 to keep an eye on things...

Built in safety, gotta like that!

I didn't finish all the scans, but it already is running smooth so tweak and see what you can get.

Chart ~

5Min Aggresive

This one pulls in about $8,000 Net but you will see some steps every once in a while, I set the Float Percentage to 15 for this one. If you run a 6 month backtest you'll see 3 little "steps" in the graph, which tell me there is some more tweaking to be done.

Now I HAVEN'T ran a backtest on this one after changing the Percentage float to 15 (it was at 50). Maybe that will help this one easily go over $10,000 Net mark. "?"

Looks like if those steps weren't there it would have hit that!

I'm NOT done with the scans on this one either so good luck tweaking.

I'll be back in a day or two, ENJOY

Chart ~

opps ~

Here's the "smooth"

Files:

chartwalker:
Here's the "smooth"

thanks very much,hope see you soon.let's work togehter

The agressive settings choke on the October swing.

theleviathan:
The agressive settings choke on the October swing.

These are the "steps" that I was talking about, however these settings produced the highest profit with only a 9.86 Max DD.

The "smooth" setting has these steps smoothed out, but then you loose about 25% of the Net ~

And of course by comparing the two settings one could come up with a medium setting of the two. So I kept the two very different, because with these two settings you can have smooth to aggressive and everything in between.

Or by your statement of "October" did you mean 2008???

Because I only tested the last 6 months. "?"

As you know backtesting only puts us in the right ballpark, it's the forward testing now that will put the polish on the settings.

Hope this helps ~

Chart

Yes, I'm refering to the '08 crash. The problem I find with some EA's is that testing on a short time frame really only tells you that if you'd been running live for the last few months, you would have been lucky. Soon as the market turns, you burn if you're not set up for it. If an EA isn't optimized to handle an issue like that, I'm leary about running it live.

Reason: