Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 17

whitout stoch

is better

so my idea filter whit stoch it's like say "more safe"

viptel:
is better so my idea filter whit stoch it's like say "more safe"

Looks really good with stoch. That was a tough period for anyone trading Blessing. The only ones who survived had big balances.

Rob

i don't think the stoch is working with this ea, i have seen it put a buy order on when the stoch has been above 80

denis68:
i don't think the stoch is working with this ea, i have seen it put a buy order on when the stoch has been above 80

Three of my six pairs are not trading, due to stoch being above/below their respective settings. As you can see from

the attached images, it is working as it should.

Rob

Files:
stoch_1.jpg  143 kb
stoch_2.jpg  126 kb
stoch_3.jpg  120 kb

viptel:
is better so my idea filter whit stoch it's like say "more safe"

In your post, you say "No stoch is better," but then

you say "my idea filter with stoch it's like say more safe."

One statement contradicts the other. Is this test with, or without, stoch?

Rob

viptel:
is better. so my idea filter whit stoch it's like say "more safe"

I am anxious to get your improvement. Just to understand what you did. When the EA hits 4-5 levels, do you add in a filter so that it only adds in further levels when there is a clear retracement?

I believe you are onto something here, if that is in fact what you added. When you feel confortable, I would love to get the improved EA.

holyguy7:
I am anxious to get your improvement. Just to understand what you did. When the EA hits 4-5 levels, do you add in a filter so that it only adds in further levels when there is a clear retracement? I believe you are onto something here, if that is in fact what you added. When you feel confortable, I would love to get the improved EA.

I dont get it, if when the EA is at 4th ot 5th level and there is a retracement that means it will be moving toward the profit, so why add more levels?

Levels are added when there is no retracement, they are added when there is a TREND.

Also, i didnt understand what Viptel said, is the EA better without Stoch? or with Stoch, contradicting statements indeed.

Anyhoo, let us know how your new and improved EA is working and post it if you think it is ready.

i don't think the stoch is working with this ea, i have seen it put a buy order on when the stoch has been above 80.

Sometimes the RED line in Stoch can be below the 80 level and the BLUE line can be above the 80 level and it will open a trade because the RED line is the one that is coded to be within those levels (80-20)

If you see a trade opened when both the RED and BLUE line are above the 80 level or below the 20, that would be strange or the properties on the Stoch ind. would not be the same as on the EA.

Cheers,

epmfx

ChicagoRob on the images you posted, on eu/gb it put sell order on when the stoch was less than 50% and the us/ch a buy order when the stoch was above 20,

this ea seems to be a counter trend ea don't you think it would be better a trend ea. is anyone willing to reverse it.

denis68:
ChicagoRob on the images you posted, on eu/gb it put sell order on when the stoch was less than 50% and the us/ch a buy order when the stoch was above 20, this ea seems to be a counter trend ea don't you think it would be better a trend ea. is anyone willing to reverse it.

Regardless of what filters are used, a grid/martingale like

Blessing will always prefer lots of price action within narrow

channels, as opposed to trending.

So far, stoch has been doing nicely, with low float and good

profits. If it can survive another Oct/2008, it's good to go.

Rob

denis68:
ChicagoRob on the images you posted, on eu/gb it put sell order on when the stoch was less than 50% and the us/ch a buy order when the stoch was above 20, this ea seems to be a counter trend ea don't you think it would be better a trend ea. is anyone willing to reverse it.

It is not a counter trend... I could limit the EA to trade short only if below 50 and only go Long above 50 but it would limit many possible trades.

Also Stoch keeps selling below 50 because the RED line is above the BLUE line and it keeps buying above 50 because the BLUE line is above the RED line.

And the Stoch ind. can give false signals and place a short below 50 and come up again, and viceversa... it is never a sure thing.

Reason: